Why rFactor 2's Struggled Over the Past Few Years + How It Can Be Fixed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlazingGlory53, May 9, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

For the first time in any sim I thought I’d try lowest pressures in the lieger lmp car that was used in the league I run.
    It was fastest for all of two laps,they i was driving on ice,I used it for my qualifying setup but there was no way I could use it in the race.

So my experience of rf2 lowest pressures doesn’t meet you experience

I will add,every car I ran in iracing was fastest over qualify and a whole race distance on lowest pressures.

Granted I haven’t tried it any other car here,so it may be a case of the enduracers mod being different

2. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

You cant under inflate the tyres in RF2 the official cars that I used. Of course there are a lot of official cars and I never used the majority of them.

In another example, it seems that ACs GT3 min spec pressures are different from real life like its F1s too.
    AC Mercedes GT3: 1.0342bar
    RF2: 1.4bar
    Real life: 1.4bar

But the setup screen is the max knowledge I have.

3. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

GT3s are run in many different series with different tires and rules. I know AC's options for tuning are sometimes different from real life, but the point is they respond realistically when they're tuned.

For example, the ride height in rF2 will stay the same regardless of tire pressure and suspension stiffness. In AC it changes dynamically.

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

This is misinformation, AC shows you the ride height in real time in the UI, that's the only difference.

bwana and Adrianstealth like this.
  5. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

If that's true, then I guess I was misinformed by the bad UI. ;)

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Judging the physics by looking the UI, you are doing it wrong :D

Mulero likes this.
  7. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

But how it is possible to know that the tyres in a certain RF2 car behave unrealistically when underinflated if you cant underinflate them?

8. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

The physics are so bad at low tire temperatures that I needed a little help. But yes, relying on the bad UI was stupid of me. Too bad neither things have been fixed.

9. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Some you can, to varying degrees. Tires coldest in the middle are a sign.

caravan_driver likes this.
  10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It might have started with the F-ISI update when new forced ranges were made to work with not-as-abusive camber and tire pressure settings. Then the DW12 IndyCar. You could still tune pressure to the lowest permissible values to get the best performance out of the cars and especially older content.

One thing that did get changed in this update (to certain content) was the minimum pressure no longer alsoa being the best option for the entire race. I recommend reading and doing proper testing, pushing the car for top laptimes before writing more on the topic.

bwana, caravan_driver and Emery like this.
  11. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Well,say to what!?So here is my chance to practice to write English ;)

With all that roadmaps out and knowing where rf2 going there is
    Again some dude trying to collect some likes over web,even he does not know a lot things about rf1&2..
    I guess new generation of sim racers,i want all & with one click!!
    And subscribe to my channel of course :)
    I just hear:rolleyes:,raise from ASHES!??DEAD!??:confused:other titles..+ things we all heard from guys who want rf2 be other title(like)..

I will just answer last Q from video.
    Is that if you tried at least once to open rf2 replay you would know there is resume button.And its really BIG!!
    + There is a tread about that with Tim W. explains that feature long time ago.

Blaming others about your lack of knowledge is really,really funny.and says a lot ..
    This kind of posts and other thoughts from people like you Rf2 forum is buried with garbage and all important things are buried and hard to find.
    So you can thank your self and people like you why is information about rf2 hard to find on this forum

Im not saying you can not say what you want.but over and over again same story.Its like 20 years old song plays every day,but just change singer every week,sometimes worse singer then week before :(

Did you ever ask here on official forum about things you need or not know?Or you just need(want) S397 documentation?
    There are lot of members here on forum who knows a lot things you would like to know im sure.
    So blaming about lack of documentation is just ridiculous and ignorant(im not saying about modding Doc),but even then you can find almost every info you need about rf2.

There are a lot documentation about rf2 today.do we need more?yes for sure.
    But i think some users first need to read what is available out there,because it seams they didnt read/learn a lot of things about rf2 in general.99% things are answered on forum from your video.

If you ask question about rf2 (modding,skinning,wheel setup,ffb setup,available features...),im sure you will get answer very quickly.
    But if you ask why AC or PC have this or that and rf2 dont?With that kind of Q.You will probably find your self with guys with similar knowledge of rf2,and at the end you will not be any smarter then before.
    I sure 98% users here have all R sims available at the moment,so we all know how good/bad are other titles compared to other titles :)
    So i play what i think is best for me atm,but i do not go and make videos because of that and saying other titles are better or worse...
    And im sure not you or any other youtuber will change my view of what is better sim or what sim needs.

Why not make video to your youtube(all other media) followers about things you learn/know about rf2 or any other title?here you go,im sure you can get more views/likes with video like that ;)
    or make video how fast you are on track you like..in any sim

muzikant and bwana like this.
  12. enduser

enduser Registered

"Fixed" is the wrong word here, u fix bugs u cant fix how successful a title is just like that, i suggest we use the wishlist subforum more, ranting will go rather unnoticeable trust me, instead ask the developers - say what u want in the game.

Its not entitlement its called feedback, or feature list , companies spy you 24/7 for this, to know what u like so they can sell it to you, lol. If not mature enough to ask for valid things the developers can rule me and you out, and it should work the other way around too but ime its not (on the whole).

Although i m new to RFi ve found the resume feature, while watching a replay, lets just call it bad UI (for now) plus with replays off there s no resume either. S397 look old enough not to be internet born and raised :p so i really dont get the lack of a Save button, at least at the end of each session.

Payed subscriptions ur beating a dead horse, agreed ISI was not paying attention around them but thats gone.
    One thing they can certainly fix though is removing the guy saying "seeat" and "mirror" in the wav files folder, April's fools day ideally lasts... only a day!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Part of the setup is ride height, and in rF2 that means (to some extent) the setup is adjusted to arrive at that ride height. So you soften the suspension which you think will lower the ride height, but because you haven't changed the ride height setting the suspension is adjusted (elsewhere) to keep the ride height the same (or thereabouts). So it's not just a GUI issue, it's a different methodology. It's confusing and has been recognised as such, but as with most changes it's not happening quickly.

So I can understand it looks like tyre pressure and suspension stiffness don't affect ride height, but that's not the case.

TJones and bwana like this.
  14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

o_O I'm confused.
    How do you fix something that works as designed?
    ;)

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Maybe the canned flatspot effect wich does not appear sliding sideways but only from locking brakes. Or maybe the flat spots are not simulated physically correct in the tire surface, but are just a fake effect in force feedback, which does not increase linearly at higher speed. Whether one drives 200 or 5000 miles per hour is completely irrelevant, the vibration frequency does not change. There are no vibrations on the wheel and no vibrations are transmitted to the suspension.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Using Moteci2pro reading the rubber and carcass temps out, i never saw the lowest tire temps in the middle. The surface temperature cannot be read out for conclusions of this kind

17. enduser

enduser Registered

Working as intended (tm)

wait , do u mean we re stuck in April 1st, something like edge of tomorrow?

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

In general I think that the video is ok and it is a matter of opinion and different views. What I don't like about videos that state a personal opinion is stuff like saying that "S397 should add cars and tracks that we all want". What is it that we all want? Currently FIA grade tracks and GT cars are the stuff that get's people hyped, but I couldn't care less for it if I am honest. I like to watch some of the GT3 races, but racing those cars is pretty boring for me. Give me some north american tracks or historic tracks and I am all in - but again modern Nurburgring, Barcelona or Imola? No thanks. It is the stuff that really makes me think if I should get ACC as the current Blancpain calendar is anything but certainly not spectecular. The next guy might like it though. At the end it is important for rF2 to offer an alternative to other sim titles, so in that regard options like Atlanta Motorsport park, that was mentioned as a bad choice in the video, are much better as they offer a completely different experience, offering different layouts for Karts and bringing a completely new experience to the sim racing genre. And I can only hope that S397 sticks to their path of tracks that they have anounced, because those are some very interesting choices that showcase the tech in rF2 in a very good way and aren't recycled to death yet. Even if I like Brands Hatch for example, it annoys me a bit that you find it in every freaking sim racing game and it loses it's excitement a bit.

LokiD, McKiernan, bwana and 3 others like this.
  19. Joe

Joe Registered

Here are correlation coffi between Front Left tire pressure and Front Left rideHeight:
    You see there are not zero though... so they are dynamically correlated. (calculated every 1000 points -- 10sec). Keep in mind you cannot judge physics by simply looking into these data, the suspension reflections are also dynamically changing due to braking/acc/turning etc...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018