Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. sman

sman Registered

after update i can only start in 32Bits 64bits not working anymore , i know some others have same issue and its only RF2 all other sims 64 working great

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Delete all of rfactor2 (steam
    Uninstall then mydocs etc)
    Then re-install fresh

DrivingFast likes this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

The sky is the only thing really looking sub par in rF2 imho.

mesfigas likes this.
  4. sman

sman Registered

Hi thx for your help , i have done this un-install rf2 from Steam before but but i didnt as you said deleted all mydocs so done that now and works again.

pkelly and Adrianstealth like this.
  5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

regarding the sky, i like it very much, beacause i know what you can do in devmode, where all the parameters are editable.
    in single player you can choose the time of the day but in dev mode you can set months, days, years, and real world coordinates, so the stars in the sky are movings accordingly. In my little track i set the date of my birthday(April) :rolleyes:.I like the winter lights more, but the problem is that is getting very dark at 16:00PM,(as in real life) so you can actually race without artificial lights only until 15:00 PM, wich is not good. So i get too much light in the april mornings, but a very romantic sunset at 19:45
    Maybe modders set the day of the race as the real race in F1 and such and you get the sky that is not the prettiest you can have, but if you have done a good track, you can spot even the very same stars that you can look at the real track, wich is an amazing thing for me :eek:

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I think all the shaders need a make over, the current ones make rf2 look very dated and cartoony.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I don’t see the same cartooned style as you do,rf2 looks amazing to me,there’s a nords mod that has an autumn layout,and it looks photo realistic to me,couple that with the excellent fr3.5 and my god it’s like I’m watching the real thing.

For me pp effects made a huge difference,and since they were introduced my offline racing has been fraught with accidents,because anytime I end up 2 or 3 wide,I can’t help but just goorp at the cars next me,they just look fantastic.

Granted some cars look dated and cartoony along with some tracks,but the ones I mainly use,both mods and official,just look damn fine to me.

So could it be down to some contents not using the latest shaders

I’m not saying rf2 looks the best out,as with every thing,it can always be better,but for me it makes iracing look like the simpsons

mesfigas likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Graphically speaking, the sky of RF2 has no depth, the clouds have no depth and seem made in 2D.

It does not bother me, because what matters to me is the changing weather and the weather changing in a consistent way too.

Regarding the "blue" of the sky :
    In my opinion, it is already too blue if you compare to the reality, but maybe it's prettier I do not know.

I found the color of the sky much more realistic under DX9.

I think that in Assetto Corsa we can choose a contrast/exposure/color-tone rendering.
    This is a suggestion for S397: @Marcel Offermans (I remember other users have suggested it).

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Sky in Walsall today was almost purple...

10. patchedupdemon

D5DDC9EB-E6FF-4102-B3C2-FFDD2668BDD9.jpeg See the colour of the sky just above the fence,that’s what the whole sky looks like right now where i am,that matches what I see in rf2 on a clear sky.
    For some reason my phone makes the rest of the sky look darker than just above the fence,which it isn’t

11. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Funny. I was sitting in the garden thinking exactly the same thing. A perfectly clear blue, but not too blue, sky. Just like rF2. (In the UK here).

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

Uk too,I’m not used to this sun,I’m like a vampire jumping from shade to shade just trying to get to the bottom of the garden,and everytime the sun hits me,I steam and smoke

Mister Bronze and qusimano like this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've lived up North near the Canadian border for most of my life. However, I spent two years in Texas .... oh about 7 years back... and I swear the sky was a slightly different color of blue down there than up here. We really noticed it when we drove back up North. Skies are blue, but not the same blue.

14. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

They delete my posts now. They'll probably delete this one. They also remove the ability to reply to certain threads. They like to do things that way whenever possible because they don't look bad for banning someone. It's S397's version of shadow banning.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They own the chalkboard, they get the right to decide what is up on that chalkboard. They allow us to communicate with each other, but they also allow themselves the ability to limit our voices. If you want completely unfettered communication with other users, you'll have to open your own forums, assume the costs and assume the risks. Best of luck.

Depco, pkelly and Goanna like this.
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

some of your posts would lead to a justified ban actually, they are being too good with you, way too good...

17. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

That'd be fine by me.

pkelly likes this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've been lucky enough to travel the world and see different blue skies all over, many different blues due to various atmospheric conditions, I think it's difficult for any dev to get it bang on right but for me most of them are just fine with the skies they produce.

mixer61 likes this.
  19. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I deleted your posts because you're just trying to cause drama. And I banned you from replying because you write things like this the second someone does something.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Or due to the different atmospheric conditions there are a lot of different tones of blue, but we think that ours is the good one, and the rest are bad.
    I remember a lot of years ago, in a Caribean country, i saw vertical clouds. From the point of view of my country that clouds were bad, but those were real. Then, i was wrong and the clouds were right. :p

MarcG likes this.