skip barber and how to adjust IA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christy, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Christy

Christy Registered

Bonjour ,

Currently I learn with the skip barber 2013, I modified the setup to remove the problems of understeer and it starts to be not bad. andon the track Donnington.
    I started my tests with AI and it is 85% and 20% aggresive that I go in last place with 4-5 s late.
    Please, how do you advise me to adjust IA, I am a beginner in car simulation, about 5 months.

IA85.JPG
    Merci

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

please share setup cause this car oversteer too much
    must be updated to latest rf2 standards but it is not gonna happen soon
    share setup please

3. Christy

Christy Registered

it will be with pleasure as soon as it is finished.

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i try different setups but inst easy to make it go stable.
    i loose 10 kilos every time i play skip barber
    i suggest anyone want to go fitness racing just try a default set up of skip barber....
    before the end of racing you ll be able to go to the beach and be happy with your body.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i v done 1.57.908 with my setup :)
    Donington park GP senorman track
    was good stable setup

6. Christy

Christy Registered

Your intervention does not answer at all to the posean question is not super nice.

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

what exactly do you mean mate ?

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@Christy Not sure if I can give you the best setting for the skip barber but if you read this thread https://forum.studio-397.com/index....icult-if-its-supposed-to-be-a-noob-car.58928/ it may help understand the vehicle. It's not an easy car to drive compared to some of the others available but it's very good for learning the correct way to drive, that's why it's not very adjustable, so you have to learn the principles.
    Hope you can come to grips with the car, as this will put you in good stead for faster driving further along.:)
    There are easier cars to learn in if you're new to sim racing. The USF 2000 has more adjustment and is more forgiving (as an example).

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

there is a topic somewhere that says all the things you want to know about "How to set up AI" in RF2
    there is a specific procedure on how to make AI learn the track and some more info about the AI in RF2
    just google it

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Christy the answer to your simple question is not so simple, because it's a lot of guess and trial, and 90% track dependant. If who made the track took his time to lay good paths for AI, then you can find a sweet spot that make your racing funny and credible. Otherwise, there is risk to not be able to run AI with some car/track combo.

Anyway playing with their overall strenght, aggressivity and reducing the third value (can't remember the name, but it control the difference between faster pilots and slowest, (lowest value = greatest differences).