Stop world bouncing in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Apr 27, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sorry ,please close this thread !

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. blagger

blagger Registered

Totally agree.
    I cannot enjoy VR because of that. The VR-implementation would otherwise be quite good (thanks to the alt-tab trick), but I get sick after a few laps with this constant bouncing.
    They mentioned that implementing VR was one of the main reasons for the switch to DX11. Now almost 1.5 years later there is still no lock to horizon option, which is a necessity for racing games in VR.
    I hope that Studio 397 understand that this is really important and can devote some time to it.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think that the head movement is the problem, not cameras.
    For me the head movement feels wrong since rfactor 1 was released.
    What is when you deactivate the headphysics and head vibration, in the screen where you set up your controller?

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I just assumed camera and head as one .
    I have been playing around with these settings but cant really find a sweet spot .

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Actually they said in that thread (30 Mar) that it's being looked into as an option. I'm not sure why you needed another thread.

First, not everyone is affected by it (as said in that thread), second there isn't a solution. As we worked out in that thread, there isn't a camera movement option you can use (from a plugin for example) to improve this, because the head movement controls aren't active in VR (for logical reasons).

It doesn't work in VR, as above. Again that was cleared up in that thread.

You might find a sweet spot with the included head movement parameters to tide you over til a better solution is put into the game, but you won't get what you want until then.

JimmyT and lagg like this.
  6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, don't know if that is what you search, but for VR I disable some parameters linked to the movement, I modified these lines in my player.json:
    Code:
    "Car Vibration Mult1":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Exaggerate Yaw":0,
    "Exaggerate Yaw#":"Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve \"feel\")",
    "Head Physics":0,
    "Head Physics#":"Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)",
    "Leanahead Angle":0,
    "Leanahead Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Lookahead Angle":0,
    "Lookahead Angle#":"Angle to lookahead (yaw) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    JimmyT, 2ndLastJedi and Seven Smiles like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Than
    Thanks @MaD_King , i will certainly try your tweak . I appreciate you posting it .

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Refer to OP .
    Get it deleted if you feel the need .
    But already thanks to @MaD_King I have something to work with .

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

JimmyT and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

@2ndLastJedi , in this post @Christopher Elliott answered to your question. ¿Why to open a second thread, with the same subject, knowing that they know it, and are working on it? This makes more difficult to find the info.