Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I'm new to PC gaming, PCs in general.
    How do I check this? I have Windows 10. Thanks .

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@Marcel Offermans or @Christopher Elliott , is there something with this build that negatively impacted car reflections?

My game is at 1440p with all parameters at max settings (PP at low or medium, varying for testing) and not only in showroom but also on track, I've noticed the cars have a very dull layer over material that shouldn't be as diffuse or matte. Speaking regarding only stock content on stock circuits.

3. Skan

Skan Registered

usedmomo... I understand you are frustrated. Not at all sure why you and a few others will not accept that rF2 is as old as it's latest build. That goes for anything in the software world. Saying it's graphics are 2010 will not change the previous sentence.

Incase some of you have falsely led yourselves to believe I am sticking up for rF2, Automobilista or whatever it is called is the only driving sim I do not have. I am simply pointing out that driving in any game will not make you understand why your pc is not doing what you want it to do. Everything I type about computers is backed by researchable facts unlike the slew of misinformation based on "I heard" or "I thought" or any other thing that deviates from fact. Take a look at the discussion in this thread about the purple and green bars as a misinformation example. That type of thing gets spread and then becomes "common knowledge" while it was wrong all along. This forum is full of that.

Have any of you who are experiencing problems (and seemed to have tried everything) ever thought about your audio? Certain motherboards (especially non high end gaming boards) are not made for multi channel audio at certain sample rates. It is a recipe for disaster that would seem like a mystery unless you had a reason to understand audio. I use an external audio interface for this exact reason, regardless of whether I am gaming or watching a movie or composing music.

Atsuki likes this.
  4. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Its latest build still has the graphical quality of a game released in 2010. It still requires modern hardware to run. There's no excuse for that.

5. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

Put a high quality physics engine together and see why is still heavy on the systems :)

6. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Several other games have comparable physics, but better graphics. And they use less resources. The sad fact is that rF2's graphics engine is a mess.

S397 inherited it, so they can't be blamed fully. But they could have done much better by now. Their focus is on churning out as much paid DLC as possible as fast as possible.

A couple of years from now, if S397 is still in business, you can rest assured that there will be a huge selection of paid DLC. The game will still look and run terrible.

Guimengo likes this.
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

And you know how? Please tell.

BlkJello and Ruben Miranda like this.
  8. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

Show me a sim that have this rate for physics and I shut my mouth

I saw a few people complaining about that, but for me here, everything work just fine (I have an i5-7400 and a GTX1060 6GB).. All configs on Ultra without any problem and the sim don't look bad at all... About the paid content, I'm hoping for that... These guys are doing a awesome job and I can't wait to PAY for the new releases of them :D

If the game don't suits you, we have a good options out there and I'm sure that you'll find something that work for your taste... :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Ami_M3, ADSTA, pkelly and 9 others like this.
  9. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

All the effort spent on the paid DLCs could have been used on core improvements. The "Different people do that!" claim is a lie. A company allots money according to what it wants to achieve. Paid DLC has been given the priority to the detriment of everything else. Everything else is an afterthought.

SPASKIS likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Now you’re letting your emotions rule your brain

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  11. patchedupdemon

Yeah because people who build cars also work on the code,right,man they are some talented people working a s397 to be able to everything like that,hell I don’t know why they have more than one dev,by your emotional reasoning they only should only employ one guy,because he can churn out dlc,build dx11 api,and make all those lovely performance improvements.

Give that man a cigar

Ami_M3, BlkJello and jayarrbee36 like this.
  12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Right click the TaskBar and select Task Manager :
    upload_2018-4-26_8-12-7.png

Jason Mullin likes this.
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He ia absolutely right IMO. As a company you put the resources where you want. If you need different people for developing core engine you hire them and if you don't need an artist, you can fire him.

Nothing to do with talent but with willingness. Get yourself that cigar, instead.

UsedMomo likes this.
  14. Magus

Magus Registered

I think this is a correct statement of facts & my following comment is not aimed at you.

Apart from DLC we have seen DX11/VR, rain, gfx updates/improvements, competition infrastructure (in beta), HUD implements, & CPM improvements. Things we haven't seen yet but are in the works behind the scene are UI rebuild (and the video Mars has touched on the complexity they have faced), further DLC, & integrated online championships.

So yes we have had DLC, but you can see that resources have been allocated elsewhere too so a bit unfair @UsedMomo but I share you impatience and frustration as for me this is the best sim on the market for physics/ffb/racing but ultimately lacks in many other areas.

Ami_M3 likes this.
  15. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Well, I can put all my money that if u get stuttering for unknown reason with ur spec, your willingness of paid dlc contect wont be so sure.
    Just put urself in ours (those who have sudden stuttering) position, stop claiming that it is related to hardware, since with previous build and ctr+f trick all was smooth

Been playing only rf for about 10 years, and now u, with smile on ur face are telling me I can get other titles instead, man, u really don't know what passion is

16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

CORRECT, true

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Give me any tip how to maintain the system/OS which I haven't implemented or tried already

Anyway will do the same test as yours, just to see the results.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Because a i5, especially since 2nd generation is (still) a very powerfull CPU and as stated here also the improvement per generation was about 6% performance. Also please show me a measurement of CPU load on rF2 on a i5 4-core processor! You will see that it´s nowhere near 100%. So your statement is BS.
    GTX770 is a (still) a powerfull graphics card that is miles above min specs for rF2 and capable of running several modern games in good quality. Where UsedMomo comes into play: he´s absolutely right so to compare rF2 to AC, although AC needs less CPU-power than rF2. AC also has a "latest build" and is for that reason as "new" as rF2 is. AC needs for a similar or higher graphics quality much less GPU-power. And that there is a higher CPU-demand ongoing in rF2 because of higher fidelity physics is no reason for that fact! Why? Because if it would have done right, rF2 would much more take advantage of more cores and spread the load better over them. It seems that this is necessary, no? So you can flip it around several times, but there is still something wrong in how rF2 works with given hardware! Absolutely no doubt about that!
    And your statement about soundcards and multiple samples is also BS.
    rF2 uses very normal 44khz, 16 bit samples (in the best case! Some mods use lower sampling rates and/or mono-tracks!)
    Every onboard device can handle a lot of them at a time.
    For HiRes samples the situation might differ, but for rF2 I strongly doubt that there is any influence.
    Heck, some modern games have surround-sound with multiple samples that works on onboard devices correctly!
    Think about that.

W Lukas likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

Let’s just hope you don’t ever run a business then
    You think it’s a case of hire and for when needed lol,you think it’s a case on work on one thing and it’s done,so fire him lol.
    I known Micheal Borda has just release new cpm tyres,let’s fire him,until we need him again.

Do you even realise how dumb that sounds

Devs don’t just stop working in that department because they finish something,they move onto the next thing in that department.

Maybe cuz s397 are small they may have some devs that are jack or all trades types,but I doubt that’s the norm,and that they have departments with each having a multi year schedule to stick to

And you say about willingness,to what your will,just because their internal toad map for rf2 doesn’t match what you think is right doesn’t mean they are willing.
    Hell all you used to do was bitch about how poor rf2 runs until you finally bit the bullet and stopped trying to run in on ancient hardware.
    See how things are different when you come to reality
    The reality is,rf2 is rf2,it’s not pc2 or ac and never will be,rf2 has and I hope always will prioritise physics before graphic,because physics are the no1 priority for a serious simulation.

Ac and project cars are,and I hate to use this term,driving games,or simcade,rf2 isn’t it’s a driving simulation and iracing is first and foremost an online racing simulation.

See how they are all different.

John, Ami_M3, David Kolody and 3 others like this.