Demo Rf2 than disappointment!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Christy, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Christy

Christy Registered

Hi,
    Please this is the current version of the game with updates 2018 ?

I'm on Iracing for 5 months, and I see that I do not have the level to ride this simu.

And I thought maybe easier for me, to train with Rf2 AI.

Having read very positive opinions on the functioning of AI, the physics of cars, and the quality of the trimmings of force feedback and other. But this demo does not give me much info, could you please answer some questions, precisely.

1- tell me a link indicating the number of circuits and their names, as well as the list of cars.
    2-Is there a career mode or a mod that allows this in the game.
    3-Offer you a server online for shopping
    4- Can we create races according to our wishes
    5) And finally, with the demo I can not disable the auto-pilot! so I can not test the game.

Thank you for your answers

2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

even if you purchase rF2 at full price you will not regret it....if unsure wait and get it in a steam sale.

1. think of a track, it's more than likely in the game or available as a mod. same with cars.
    2. no career mode but you can make your own offline championships.
    3. there is a steam workshop to purchase paid dlc content and download some free mods
    4. yes
    5. just buy it (see 1st line above)

your welcome.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

5). Use the top “ F “ keys to disable all those annoying aids

Look through the options & you’ll see which ones are on/Off
    Then best cancel the key assignments otherwise they’ll get activated by accident

Imo they should be defaulted to Off with no keys assigned by default

Wanderer likes this.
  4. Christy

Christy Registered

Thank you, I just bought it on steam.
    because the feeling that I had with the demo at the steering wheel is extraordinary, I find even better than Iracin.com!

By cons I would like to find a tutorial to improve the record of my TS-pc Racer.

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One thing to keep in mind about rF2: in my opinion, it is not as much as a game like iRacing or pCars, it is more of a platform. It is extremely flexible and open, but you pretty much have to shape it into form you like yourself. You'll have find tracks, cars, tweak them if there's something not up to your liking. Before racing AI you'll have to find good difficulty settings, AI won't work well on all tracks. Basically, there's a lot of do it yourself in rF2. It's not click and play game.

That said, it is the most advanced game in terms of physics. Unlike iracing, it has flat spots, rain, full day night cycle, 400hz FFB and has content with official real world skins (which is a big plus to me personally). It is more difficult to drive than iRacing, particularly due to flat spots, so you can't slam your brakes carelessly (if you want more iRacing like physics with AI, Raceroom is the game). The only weak area is gearbox simulation, but it will change in the future.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    bravotangosix and Adrianstealth like this.