VR stuttery with DK2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Thepharcyde, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Hi,
    Hoping someone can help.
    Pc specs
    i5 6600k @4.1 Ghz
    GTX 1070 @2000 core
    Oculus DK2
    Latest Nvidia drivers, RF2 build, oculus / Steam VR build. No supersampling etc
    Windows 10 latest build prior to the most recent creators edition .

My in game fps for the most part sits at 37 that I believe automatically gets capped if frame rate can not sit at a constant 90. However it does jump up and down that causes massive stuttering between 25fps upto 80.

Basically it makes the game unplayable in VR but I do recall last year having a flawless experience so no doubt some update somewhere has broken something.

These issues are limited to RF2, no other racing Sims exhibit the same issues

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I thought the DK2 only renders to 75fps max?

Not sure if ASW works with the DK2 (I have a CV1) but try the CTRL+ Numpad1/2/3/4 combos to see if that helps.

3. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Cheers bud yeah locking at 37.5 so yeah 75hz for DK2 thank you.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

And what settings are you using (video, display)?

5. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Hey Marcel, I've recently as posted on RD, realised about ASW. Therefore I think I either need to be thinking about hardware upgrade and or lower most settings to low and reflections to off to get anywhere near the 75fps the DK2 is capable of.

Locking at 37.5, it's now as before, I suspect somewhere along the lines ASW was turned off accounting for the variance I was seeing in the FPS jumping up and down and inhibiting the stuttering I was seeing.

Are there any plans to further still look at the VR code and implement improvements in this space too