Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Quite a nice performance bump i got on my bit aging system, getting at least 25% gain with low post effects.
    Only few of my cars went missing in Dev mode.
    Skip and (suddenly) a Megane were there but my Mustang and f3000 went missing.
    I never deleted them.
    Megane gave tons of meterial errors, Skippy was working with one car but with more cars the Ai reported errors with their tires (according to the log), than crashed to desktop. Running just my Skippy was fine.
    Looking further in to that tomorrow on an other machine, with a fresh install.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I had to verify though Steam !

Voltaic likes this.
  3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I just did but it did not help. It says v1109 in Steam and in game and I'm not running betas. On the Steam versions menu the v1110 is not even listed.

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Go to opt out

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Opt out of what? I'm not on betas. I keep verifyingthe game and each time it acquires a file but no v110.

6. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Just had a quick run with build 1110. Seems to be working well. Did a quick stint at night at LeMans in the updated Enduracers.
    Getting good frames & was on the VRC server which was pinging at around 250 for me (not bad considering I'm on the other side of the World) and the frames were nice and stable in the dark. I love the new HUD. Simple and effective & gives me the info I need at a glance. Keep up the good work S397. You guys are going about things the right way.Cheers.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If your rF2 in steam says 1109 you've selected that in the BETAS tab. If you select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" the rF2 item in your steam library won't have a version after it.

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

As a R9 390 AMD video card with latest Raedon control panel user I needed to change the auto detected profile to let the game make use of the latest build enhancements. With raedon control panel controlling anti aliasing and other settings there was no improvement in FPS.
    It was only after changing the raedon profile so the game controlled the settings did I see a nice improvement in FPS.
    What I found though on every restart the Raedon settings were reverting back to taking over control.
    I had to change the Global profile settings in the Raedon settings to "Use Application Settings" to make the game auto detected profile in the Raedon control panel keep the "Use application settings" as well.

bwana likes this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

also there is setting that allows ati control panel to clear shaders.
    not rf2 shaders but gpu shaders from ati card
    i did that and i also removed the profile from ati card for rf2.
    i didnt want ati software to handle rf2.
    the result is perfect .... i have like 200 fps with rx 580 4 giga ryzen 5 1600 and 8 giga ddr4 memory @2666.
    try it for yourself.just remove any profile from ati control panel and do a ll the graphic settings from rf2 graphic options only
    Also remember to go easy with PP effects.
    start from low cause the rf2 grafics are good now..all you need is fpd to make game run smooth.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

You have to go into steam, and opt out of all betas. V1110 is official.

Oskart likes this.
  11. fab06

fab06 Registered

Thx Studio 397 for this New Build :)

12. tpw

tpw Registered

Phenomenal update in terms of the improvement to performance on my system, thanks Marcel et al! Rock solid 60fps in cockpit AND replay with everything maxed except PP (low), no stuttering.

Now I can finally cross atrocious performance off my list of complaints about rF2 :p

13. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Massive performance improvement on my aging system. AMD Phenom II X4 970, Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB, 8 GB DDR2.

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Could boost shadows, opponents, track details from high to full.
    So congrats to S397 for they optimization task.
    Cheers.

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I finally have the chance to play rf2 in full res on my new screen now...this is great! Only sad thing is in wet conditions fps goes from 60 to 19... so, no wet races until gpu's are affordable again.

16. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes good points , and even with no rf2 profiles in the raedon control panel the global settings for antialiasing method (eg adaptive or supersampling) still take over effect. I had to set it to adaptive because with supersampling FPS bombed to 40 from 120

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I tried racing in the wet and it went sort of ok framewise. But ai pitted first lap as usual. So om curious how you are able to race in rain? I simply cant which is frustrating.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

how do you install the new build ? Is it automatic via steam?

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

20. Rikki

Rikki Registered

I'm still in the process of finding out how to get the most out of this new build. For sure the one thing I haven't figured out is how to get the shadows from the fences show correctly. See attached screenshots.

Tried all the combination possible with AA and AF, ingame and with AMD profiler. I'm using a RX 480.

The rest of the game is shaping nicely except for this. Any suggestions?

Attached Files: