TV broadcast overlay/plugin DX11

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by RoboCAT10, Sep 5, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

As many would know, Gerald's TV plugin is a fantastic well put together plugin which features a live TV broadcast overlay. Sadly Gerald isn't involving himself with the plugin anymore and thus isn't able to upgrade to DX11.

I have seen it mentioned that S397 plan on fazing out DX9, and while that is the correct session and DX11 is the future, it leaves the TV plugin unusable.

Many leagues and many people use and rely on the TV plugin and I also believe it made rfactor 2 looking really good and polished when shown to others.

Is there any plan S397 will make their own official TV broadcast overlay that we can edit to our liking? Again, Gerald's plugin is brilliant and it would be such a shame to lose a great feature while moving over to DX11. For me that is the only reason why I haven't moved to DX11 yet.

2. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

You should read news on site. Roadmap Update July 2017 https://www.studio-397.com/2017/07/roadmap-update-july-2017/

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

But... what means shortly?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

shortly
    ˈʃɔːtli/
    adverb
    adverb: shortly
    1. 1.
      in a short time; soon.
      "the new database will shortly be available for consultation"
      synonyms: soon, directly, presently, quite soon, in a short time, in a short/little while, at any moment/minute/second, in a moment/minute/second, in less than no time (at all), in next to no time, before long, by and by; More
      momentarily;
      just now;
      informalpretty soon, any time/day/minute/second/moment now, before one knows it, before one can say Jack Robinson, in a jiffy, in two shakes of a lamb's tail;
      informalin a mo, sharpish;
      archaicanon;
      literaryere long
      "she will be with you shortly"
    2. 2.
      in a few words; briefly.
      "they received a letter shortly outlining the proposals"

AMillward, Pauli Partanen and Goanna like this.
  5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Marc beat me to it :D I reckon it will not be until after the new UI is released and bedded in.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I'm looking forward to the new UI, hopefully we can see more of it in this months road map :)

7. Omelete

Omelete Registered

Better tv cam.... Is necesary

8. Heath J

Heath J Registered

Uh oh.... with build 1110...no more dx9 option. Anyone have an person in the inside who may have an overlay plugin that will work. I'm no coder or I would've created my own. Sim Hub's plugin does give the option of using TV style overlays, but won't capture driver/race data in spectator mode. That's a bummer. Please help. TY.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  9. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Unfortunately I think you have got a bit of a problem mate. I just been looking into this same problem for the trackmap plugin. See later posts here https://forum.studio-397.com/index....nse-be-greatly-appreciated.59815/#post-941646

Basically it's not gonna work mate. And it never will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That is my understanding anyway.

Your best bet for dx9 is to join a crusade with me! To get the old 1109-dx9 build to update that build number for us! Might work if we do enough crying...:D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018