[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. klo-che

klo-che Registered

About these arches, it works good always on the car you select when you start your session, but it messed up with AI or the other cars. You can test each car alone and you will see that they works fine. We saw similar issues on GT3 cars from S397. It has been reported to Marcel, if something evolves it will be included in the next build.

RoWo likes this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's a good point, didn't know. it's the same with rain spray going inside the cars then I hope? ^^"
    The cars are looking very nice, that LMP3 is amazing

3. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

First this and now a new build from Studio 397. A great day for us. :)

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  4. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Awesome stuff, big thanks! Only thing I've noticed so far is that AI seems to struggling with these cars. I've so far tried with Silverstone and Malaysia, and for example after start there is a cluster pretty much always after turn 1 as AI cars seem to be really loose and one or more of them spin out. Malaysia has similar problems although cars navigate the first turns decently. AI was set at 100% and aggression 28%, so rather mild settings overall. Anyone else noticed the same?

Edit: This was with GTE only field.

5. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Many thanks for this, EnduRacers. Can't wait to try it.

6. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Yes, the AI struggles with the GTE cars, they are sliding and spinning a lot. I love the lmp3 tho!

7. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Very nice job by everyone involved, I can't wait to get deeper into the mod and give the cars some much needed track time

PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).

I have tried the Flat6 RSR, Aston Martin Vantage and the Ligier LMP3, and on all there cars the brake pressure is still greyed out, locked at 100% :)

Matt Beavis likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm kinda in the same boat, my vid card is in California being inspected and hopefully repaired... it is slow sometimes to crank up the fans and the end result is a hard crash to a black screen. Mainly happens in dx11 enviroments...which is why I only started seeing it this past year. so...WHOOPEE! updated Enduroracers!!!! yay..... uhmmm maybe in a couple of weeks.....lol.

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  9. rd.king

rd.king Registered

great update
    is there a way to reduce the head bouncing in the cockpit view.
    TIA

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks a lot for this mod, the incredible amount of work it represents, with such an attention to detail.
    I loved driving P2 cars of the previous version (challenging to drive), but avoided GT cars.
    I haven't driven all the new cars yet, but all the cars I have tried drove nicely on default setup.
    GT cars have improved a lot (didn't drive them in previous version, much better alternatives were available), P2 have improved also, with a better feedback at the steering wheel.
    Graphics are very nice, choice of real liveries incredible.
    This mod will help a lot RF2, thanks and congratulations to all the guys involved.
    Cheers.

Guimengo, pkelly, Churrinche and 7 others like this.
  11. philman

philman Registered

Yes I think this will help RF2 and it was time for this to happen. A big thank you to the whole team, hoping that Enduracers is still preparing some great things for the future.

12. albert39

albert39 Registered

A very good work and a fantastic mod but i use VR and use the mirror's car and i do not understant why i can not move them to put in my correct view because driving it is very important, i think.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Loving the rain effects, but how's the best way to set the car up for the wet? Tyres are struggling to keep heat in them.

rubennaatje likes this.
  14. Vevex

Vevex Registered

Options / Controls : Controler setting reduce the value of Head physics

rd.king likes this.
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Fantastic mod. Driving the LMP2 or the new LMP3 (great car) on Lime Rock park is brutal.
    I hope the crashing GTEs issue will be fixed because avoiding them can be its own mini-game currently :)

16. rd.king

rd.king Registered

thanks I had completely forgot about that.

17. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

You need to use higher pressures on wet tires

18. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Great update! Loving having new GTE cars :cool:

FFB seem lower than all other cars. Anyone else feeling the same?
    G29 here.

It's a bit weird that all cars have virtually the exact same setup, down to spring rates, fst/slow bumps, cambers, etc.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

First, let me point that I am not a member nor tester of this modding team, simply I admire their work, as the work of all modders that spend an awful lot of hours fueled by their passion for our enjoyment, so I am not speaking in their behalf.

I won't have a look at the physics files of their cars to try to fault some data there, I understand that this mod is for users to enjoy it as it is. I believe they are looking to offer leagues with a set of cars that will allow different cars to be competitive (as it is in real life by virtue of performance balance), avoiding processions of a single GT and P2 car with different liveries.

Most of RF2 users are unable to tune a car (no critic at all, some have less time than others to play, and want to dedicate their time to racing, others have not the inclination or technical base to do so, how many can use Motec and fully tune an F1?), and run on default setup (look at the cries for fixed setups time competitions on that forum -even for the WFG-). So I am happy that practically every car I have tried is manageable on default setup, so you can jump in a car and have fun as is.

For GT cars, do you believe that some cars weight the double than other ones, or have wildly different weight distributions, have wildly different inertias? For all the data I have had access of real racing cars of the same categories, springs, dampers are very similar from car to car (normal their weights are very similar).

Should the M3-GT2 be slower or faster than the 2015 C7R? I really don't care, if I fancy racing it against 2015 car, why not?
    Do you believe the difference between 2010 and 2015 tires has been fully modeled?
    Is it possible, and then can you validate those tire models?

What would upset me? Cars stuck to the ground, behaving like DTM or F1s, or totally unbalanced. It's not the case.

So base setups are similar? You can change them if you wish so.

Have a lot of fun with this mod, cheers.

pkelly likes this.
  20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's a mistake in the changelog. The pressure is locked.

The Iron Wolf, ryyu77 and Sherwin92 like this.