Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

guys go low PP....graphics are super cool
    and fps are more that super cool
    cant believe that i play with Rain at super duper 60 fps easily with S397 GT cars
    go low PP and you ll never regret it.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

If i were you i would do full game clean install ofcourse if you have fast connection
    i have read your computer specs and normaly you should have best performance with best graphics

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Always been about 50 metres away with me.
    I did have to have my settings down low to med being on triples but I've been told it is caused by less than ideal track modding methods and not graphics settings.

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

If I roll back to build 1109, I can see shadows up to about 3-5x the 1110 distance. No idea what that's about.

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Ah, I was testing during night. Now that I've switched to an afternoon race, I'm seeing 10% VR performance improvements.

6. RoWo

RoWo Member

Where we can change that damping factor? Couldn't find it yet.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

As someone who runs rF2 in 4K with a slightly less-than-4K-system, I'm seeing pretty good FPS improvements. Of course I did a complete fresh install as I do with every update.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I cap my frames to sixty any ways, but I'm not getting any stutter and rain performance had improved.

And the HUD looks great too.

9. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Wow..the performance on my pc it's very noticeable,, very very good job. It's really nice to focus just on racing without always looking at the fps :D.
    Thank you.

10. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Not if you have to do practice, qualy and then a 4h stint. The replay could have been too big sometimes and cause the game to crash.

11. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Great update! Without Rain I can now easily play in Ultra and all settings to full run very well, in the rain it is much better than before but the performance is not good enough to play. I have to test even more with the Settings .... I play by the way in VR (Oculus, Geforce 1080) ... Thank you for the certainly hard work !!

12. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I haven't actually driven yet, but loading up a field of 25 AI w/updated ER mod and CPUusage is definitely not any worse when I sit in the car in the garage. We'll how well it holds when I can actually test some dicing around some traffic.

Just on a paltry i5-750 w/GTX560. Graphics aren't pretty due to low settings...but still.

13. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Does Random weather now work? Also how do you enable this on server?

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Ah ok , will see later if it’s that steam thingy and also check if l have correct mapping

15. bwana

bwana Registered

I’d guess it’s mod choice ? Silverstone and with GT or FISI has always been my bench mark datum

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

My setup is a beefy PC: i7 8700K / 1080 TI. I play at 4K on a G-Sync monitor with framerate capped to 57 with RTSS. Graphic settings are maxed out except post processing on low.

I now spent a few hours with the new version, mostly with the GT3 pack and updated Endurance mod on Silverstone, Malaysia and Lime rock park.

On such setup, no issue having good performance with GPU usage being between 35-85% depending on what's on screen at a given time. That is... until there is rain. Rain kills performance badly, maybe more so at that resolution with GPU usage spiking easily to 100% and framerate going as low as 30-40 fps if there are a lot of cars visible. This performance bottleneck seems to be due in part to drawing the rain itself because as soon as it disappears (but heavy road reflection still visible) GPU usage decreases significantly and go back to normal.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay I was going to open a support thread but apparently i dont have enough privileges to post there ?
    Why is that ?
    Thanks to the people who have offered help , i have a few things to try but i dont like my chances of finding the issue

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think you post there by using the button in the launcher, not doing a direct post

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well thats silly !

20. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hey guys, I saw a huge update yesterday but my version still says 1109. What gives?