Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Put a screenshot
    Paste them into the code tool

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

As for settings , in last attempt i had in launcher :
    1080p , HMD only , AA x4 , PP Off , Windowed mode , no sync .
    In game :
    Circuit detail :Full
    Player: Full
    Opponent: Full
    Texture Filtering x2
    Effects: High
    Shadows: Medium
    Blur: Optimal
    Particles: Low
    Rain: High
    R Ref :Low
    Env Rel :Low
    Hope this helps .
    I typed this with my HMD on ,lol sorry for crappy text :)

Edited to fix typo's :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

That’s crap,hope someone can help you with this,as your system should be able to run rf2 very well,theoretically
    great write up,thanks for that.will try this method later

4. patchedupdemon

I have noticed hardly any improvements running some mod combos,but with official content,I have been able to turn up every graphics setting

All testing should really be done with the same official content,I always use Silverstone and fr3.5 to judge for my system

5. MARVIN

MARVIN Registered

Unfortunately for me this update showed a bad result.
    I switched from DX9 to this update (I waited for this update because my experiences with DX11 were not good).
    The result is not good because I have an excessively variable framerate, it happens that in a few seconds my FPS change from 200> 70> 150> 100> 170> 80 ..... but I have an even bigger problem ..... ...
    Driving at night I lose over 50% of the FPS and is unviable.
    I have done a lot of tests, the problem seems to pass at night, this halves the FPS and it does not matter if I decrease all the settings to the minimum this will change slightly (maybe 5 FPS recovery).
    You can see my hardware from the signature, do not use PostProcessing (it gets even heavier), Shadows, reflections, particles and rain I set everything to low.
    I am willing to provide everything that may be useful to you to understand this problem.
    For me it is very important to find the solution given that competing at night is present in the championship that I participate.

6. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Only very modest FPS gains for me. Not enough to increase settings while maintaining a 60 FPS minimum with options set at medium, low or off. I can play AC with most graphics options (minus PPE) set to high or max and easily get a minimum of 70 FPS.

7. patchedupdemon

Guys if your having problems,pls supply your system specs,the more knowledgeable folks on the forum,along with the devs won’t be able to see if there are any trends with issues if you don’t.

8. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I tried that. No changes.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Not sure how to screenshot rF2 in VR !
    Even if i put HMD + Monitor a screen shot would be near impossible with the way the screen flickers but ive typed them as is in game .
    I got the json files in thanks .

Nibiru likes this.
  10. sman

sman Registered

not sure if its placebo but the car feels more connected to my pedals and wheel ? This is my experience also and i was wondering if it was just me thinking but indeed i also feel more contact wi9th the road and feeling the car slide much better and also better inputs for pedals and more able to catch the car when loosing control .

11. sman

sman Registered

I tried the new Enduracers 2.0 and i love it

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Missed the VR bit. I don't have VR. Doesn’t screen shot or printscreen work in VR?

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Marcel Offermans
    Would it be possible for S397 to tell us which graphics and game options have been the most optimized ?

Indeed it would avoid to do many tests, to find that which potentially affects the least the performance.

Not to mention the big problems of stuttering that I would talk about later in details on the appropriate thread, I must say that :

- On the circuit on which I drove the most (over 20000km Nordschliefe) : the improvements of FPS are real but very low.
    - On many other circuits where I am at 99.95% of the time at 60 FPS usually, I have a real decrease of FPS. I would be wrong, but that is not the case.
    - It is therefore impossible for now (I think) to improve even if only one graphic option.
    - The stuttering problem that I have since the first day of the beta DX11 is NO MORE resolved by CTRL + F: it's a big negative point.
    - Very positive change : what you did in the INPUT part, I feel it very clearly in the steering wheel. BRAVO.

Please give us the information concerning the graphic settings (the most detailed possible !!).

Thank you.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Never had post processing on

I’ll turn it on if it increases performance though (-:

15. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Yea this is just big issue ana they had not give us any resolve, i am now back on dx9 previous build and it is working like butter, can You please @Marcel Offermans give us any idea, i will post soon screenshot from cpu and gpu utilization, u would see there that on dx9 it is utilizing full gpu, on dx11 it is not and also there is no this single green spike, which is showing i think the frame time

16. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Don't know if this will matter, but CTRL+C has worked similar to CTRL + F in smoothing/increasing performance with less screen intrusion.

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Will give it a shot.

18. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

No its not, i mean at least in my case

19. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Are everyone else's shadows being drawn in 50m away, no matter low<->max? It used to be much much further up the road. Have I screwed up a setting somewhere?

20. KittX

KittX Registered

I wrote it in Discord yesterday, but will double it here:
    draw call counter is broken in Devmode. I hope that can be fixed.
    Regarding performance, I find that after the PostProcess, the raindrops is next biggest fps issue. OK when youre driving, but when you turn your head, or move cams there's a big fps drop.
    I remember in rf1's RFE plugin the raindrops were only surrounding the active camera at some radius, like a halo. And were moving with camera.
    Or at least could you implement a separate handle/slider in the options menu, for amount of raindrops, like it is in devmode? It would help to optimize each machine a lot.