Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. cbunsold

cbunsold Registered

Agreed, great to see people working together. There truely is some great smart people here.
    Doug and Highlandwalker love the skins and always hoping you artists keep sharing with us nonartists.

Thanks you,
    Steve

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Damian Baldi, BlkJello, bears and 2 others like this.
  3. Highlandwalker

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The color transitions look really cool. Keep up the awesome work!

5. Highlandwalker

6. Highlandwalker

7. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Another one [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Great mod.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Sorry but it's my work I don't post other's work and got the PSD to prove it.The skin is on my HD and not for downloading.I did'nt see it at RD.

10. Highlandwalker

I apologies for the post and I will reword it and make clear it is not your work at Race department. I also wonder why you don't want to make your skin available to others. Sharing is what makes RF2 what it is. Nice work and I appreciate the amount of time and effort that goes into producing skins and can understand why you might want to keep it to your self. I apologies again.

11. Skan

Skan Registered

Here are some skins for everyone. You may use them as you wish as long as you do not attempt to edit them. If you do repackage them for your league or share them or upload them elsewhere, please make sure you mention me.

http://www.skansdream.com/rf2/skins

Highlandwalker likes this.
  12. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

[​IMG]
    You see I can make skins and I did plenty for many games .I share them with people who like them and the Rothman one was to show my work.I did'nt know it had been done .You could have told me that an other way instead of saying I was cheating using other people's work...The Babycresci is on my HD but I can release it as I did for the AC version some times ago.

13. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

Hi Skan - Thanks for making these skins available to the community. However I need some help on how to install them.

I downloaded the Nissan GT500 skins as an example and stored the Skans500_alt2.dds file in:
    ...\userdata\player\settings\Nissan_GT500_2013\SUPERGT_12

But these skins are not available to select from within the game. Can anyone provide some assistance on how to get it working

Cheers

14. Highlandwalker

Nice skin. I did not imply that you were cheating and I am sorry if you interpreted it that way. I was trying to point people in the direction of a similar skin if they liked that skin. I am sorry if I caused any offence and I can see you are skilled at producing skins. I hope you accept my apology.

15. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

No problem but I had to say that .Now it's closed and I will release soon the Babycresci skin as the other is at RD.BTW a very good skin maybe better than mine...

16. Skan

Skan Registered

@Beef36
    while looking at a vehicle in the showroom or whatever it is called, there is an option to the right towards the bottom. I am doing this from memory so the names might be off. It is the option to create directory or something like that. Click that then click the refresh button close to that same area. You should now have 2 of the same skin if you did this correctly. Now you can place other skins in the directory or folder (whatever it is called) that rF2 created. Some of you might have to close rF2 and/or steam to do this, others can simply hit refresh once they move the skin into the folder.

Note: it is located by default in the settings folder of the rF2 install. That is located in the steamapps folder on the c drive by default.

If someone would like to give Beef36 some instruction that is not from memory and perhaps screenshots, that would be appreciated and would help everyone who wants to use loose skins and are not quite sure how to do it or where things go.

17. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

Thanks Skan - That was really useful advice. Your instructions from memory were close enough that I was able to work out rest and I'm now using your skins in game.

I did have one other question. When in the in-game car selection menu, instead of seeing a small preview picture of the car skin, I just see a empty box with the rFactor 2 logo. The car can be selected and driven, but how do I get the car selection preview window to show your car skin?

Cheers

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  18. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

Put together a skin last evening. Not too impressive, but it is something:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the detailing with over 120 rivets does not stick out well, so I will probably load it up again and make the different "plates" slightly different colors to sell the armor plate look better

19. Skan

Skan Registered

@TheLichten I have an idea how the "plates" might look more "armorish" that involves scuffing and bumpmaps. The same way the license plate has a bumpmap, the skin does as well. If that (and I'm not good at this part) is done right, you will have armor. The armor will have a "3d" appearance with textures that look as if they can be felt by hand.

@Beef36 To my limited knowledge, that is not currently possible with loose skins added in the manner I described. Hopefully I am wrong and we can both learn how.

20. Highlandwalker

mesfigas, Hazi and MiguelVallejo like this.