[REL] F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 [Released]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

another old video by postipate (not posted in this thread)

Spa with VR:

2. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Thanks for your reply @BorekS.
    Thank you for the advise of your site and the notification of the complete list of vehicles.
    We can only hope these set of vehicles will be completed :)

@Mauro more evidence of how great these vehicle will be.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

The Masta Kink claims another victim. Can't wait to lose some suspension parts there too!

4. BorekS

BorekS Registered

:) yeah, that would be great :) well, I cant speak for Postipate fully, just what I know there was not much things to do, to finish it, he wrote to me.

my part of the F1LR 2.0 rF2 conversion support was related to the visual page, where (I think) we just solved the mesh material settings, still it is not applied yet - at least none of the released screenshots and videos here presents the wanted stage.
    next small issue is the full VR compatibility, because the car add-ons for older sims - the F1LR mod origins - are assembled different way.

and finally, during the mod conversion some new rF2 game updates came and Postipate starts to fix the currently converted stuff ;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Chris Lesperance likes this.
  5. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

I know stuff all about modding but these cars look and sound great.
    Congrates for getting them to this stage @Postipate and will wait the day you finally finish these vehicles. ;);)

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Really looking forward to it! I've been on a 60s F1 kick the last few days. Can't wait to take them out for a spin

7. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

I'm available if you need any more testers..

Once released, would it be possible for individuals to have access to the paint scheme files for each car?

Can you state about when you could release this mod?

Mike

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  8. BorekS

BorekS Registered

well, to be honest, no regular skin paint template release is in the plan. the reason is primary because of the sad fact a lot of people would like to / could transform the F1LR mod easier into real 1967 F1 season mod (vehicle names, badges and so on)... but this is NOT allowed.

the F1LR 2.0 mod is 10 car types, each two skins. if that is not enough, there could come some car skin clean race number templates, if ever needed, but nothing else.

[​IMG]

9. BorekS

BorekS Registered

I cant speak for the rF2 conversion, still the mod is currently available for rFactor, GTR 2 and GT Legends, at least... this way you can make the main picture hows the mod stuff.

F1LR 2.0 homepage: f1legends.nolimit.cz

10. BorekS

BorekS Registered

a small note, the F1LR 2.0 is freshly public available for Automobilista (Reiza Studios) aswell ;)
    this "new" simgame mod variant is closest to the rF2 wip conversion, it shares a lot of same sources, so maybe someone will be interested here to give it a try...

11. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Great work BorekS!

12. Legend

Legend Registered

news of this stunning project?

Williwood, pascom and bbspadon like this.
  13. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Sorry if this is a re-post but it's too good to take the chance.

14. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

This is so good vid that you happily watch it again and again

bravotangosix likes this.
  15. Legend

Legend Registered

now that ac has his Grand Prix Legends (rip) mod

any chance for this rF2 project?

16. BorekS

BorekS Registered

yes, the AC has his F1 1967 mod, called "Grand Prix Legends 2" now :) I think you mean the stuff assembled under Bazzas lead, which (still) is based on one of the many well-known SlimJims + GPL/GPLEA sources... the SlimJims converson, originally designed for rFactor, was unallowed conversion case, called "F1 Classics" or just "F1 1967". but as far as I know the Bazzas AC modding team got a new 3d designer some time ago, DrDoomslab, who makes the AC cars newly from scratch. so there is a big chance this mod content will be fully permission correct one day, no rip case.

as to our F1LR mod rF2 conversion project I am almost sure its simply gone. as many times happen at the modding scene.

I personally dont own rFactor 2, so I cant say how bad/good acceptable is the latest Postipates F1LR conversion work in progress version. maybe Mauro, the wip stuff tester, could say. maybe the wip stuff, marked as "alpha" or "beta", could be shared public at least. and maybe someone could finish it then - it definitelly needs to correct the car material shaders - specular maps, from what I can see at the released wip screenshots and video footage.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Hazi likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't really know too much stuff which would have been done from scratch by DrDoomsLab. And I would say that these kind of mods were always shady... Also I think using the name of GPL is immature and low, even if it actually be good, because the name is stolen and belongs to papyrus... It is just beyond...

But people take it, and use it.... like Fonsecker said about one "legends"(ripped content) mod once: "is that the sh*t you all want?", or something like that :D

18. BorekS

BorekS Registered

well, I hope I am talking about the same mod :)

Credits:
    • 3d Modelling: DrDoomslab, Lotus 33 by Mac Ten
    • Physics: Bazza
    • Sounds: BRM by Amplified NL and stock Kunos sounds
    • Patcha for his awesome helmets
    • Skins by DrDoomslab, Swiss and Sergio Loro (Lotus 33 skins)
    • Papyrus and the GPL community for creating a virtual museum and lots of inspiration

Brabham-Repco BT24
    [​IMG]
    Very small; light and narrow; long wheelbase relative to its width. CG somewhat high relative to its width, causing the chassis to tend to roll more than most of the others. This can make it more prone to bottoming its suspension. Weight bias more to front than the other cars. Long wheelbase makes it stable and very progressive if set up properly. . Repco engine is down on power to the other cars but has a very broad torque band. Setup tip: Tall lower gears to take advantage of torque, concentrating use of available power nearer the top speed.

British Racing Motors BRM P83
    [​IMG]
    Short, wide, and heavy, with very high CG due to upper crankshaft and other engine mass. Short wheelbase and extreme rearward weight bias make it prone to over-rotating on turn-in and under power. Rearward weight bias gives it good traction and good braking. High CG requires lots of roll resistance; weight requires high wheel rates.
    BRM engine is very peaky, with a very narrow power band, but it is very powerful, which offsets the weight of the car to some extent.

Cooper-Maserati T81B
    [​IMG]
    Longest wheelbase of all the cars. Very stable and forgiving; must be driven very hard to go quickly, but forgiving characteristics permit this. Heavier than the four lightweights, with CG fairly far forward. Maserati engine is down on power but very nice to drive.

AAR Eagle-Weslake T1G
    [​IMG]
    Long, wide track, fairly light. Weight bias near middle of the range of cars. Stable as long as it's kept off the bump rubbers; seems a bit more prone to bottom than would be expected considering its weight and track. Engine is powerful with good torque.

Scuderia Ferrari 312
    [​IMG]
    Short, wide, almost as light as Brabham and Lotus. Weight bias near middle of the range of cars. Short wheelbase makes it nimble but relatively unstable. Engine powerful but weak bottom end.

Honda RA300
    [​IMG]
    Fairly long and narrow. Heavy with extreme rearward weight bias, but long wheelbase makes it stable as long as yaw rate does not get too high. Rearward weight bias gives good traction. Braking can be hard due to the higher weight. It's stability makes it more tolerant of bottoming the rear suspension. The engine is the most powerful of all but is soft on the bottom end, making it easy to drive but hurting acceleration. Space the gears properly to keep the engine in the narrow, peaky powerband.

Lotus Ford 49
    [​IMG]
    Short, wide, moderately draggy. The lightest car (along with the Brabham), with a fairly rearward weight bias.
    The Ford engine has plenty of torque and good power. The car's rear rims are wider than the others, giving it more rear grip than the other competitors.

McLaren BRM M5A
    [​IMG]
    Long, wide track, fairly light and a relative low drag tub. Weight bias near middle of the range of cars. Engine lacks top-end but has a very linear power delivery making it controllable on the exits.

Matra Ford MS7
    [​IMG]
    The light and nimble F2 car makes the perfect trainer to enter the pinnacle of motorsports. Although low on power on narrower circuits the car is a great challenger to the overpowered 3 liter monsters, due to it's lower weight, agility and higher corner speed. In the hands of a good racer this car can beat it's bigger brothers.

Lotus Climax 33 R14
    [​IMG]
    The Lotus 33 was almost identical to the 25, but had suspension designed around newer, wider tyres. The car was more rigid and was simpler to build than its predecessor. The last of the series, R14, was built with a 2-litre version of the Climax V8 for the 1966 World Championship season, pending the arrival of the Lotus 43.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Is it appropriate to promote it right here ?

pascom and rubennaatje like this.
  20. BorekS

BorekS Registered

as a car add-on developer I have to note the problematic SlimJims F1C unallowed mod and all the later derivations actually doesnt contents the GPLEA rippped 3d cars. not literarly. if you would check the original GPL/GLPEA sources, you would discover the 3d models are very simple shape, yet a lot of car parts is a pure texture applied on 2d (flat) surfaces, including the whole cockpit. no kidding. the finall nice GPL ingame look is a matter of great paint art, just wisely assembled textures.

what I mean to say SlimJims team was able to use only a few original 3d files infact, so he made a lot of stuff newly. unfortuantelly a very poor quality work. for such horrible result GPLEA unsurprisingly gave no permissions to use their sources.

all the later SlimJims "GPL" conversion overhauls got some bigger or smaller changes, still not well made. the russian team who converted it into AC and sell it as a payware, made it a lot decent looking, still nothing to say "wow". yet to pay for partly stolen stuff. this is aprox where Bazza started the own overhaul infact, and to give it for free and permission correct.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    John likes this.