Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

I was yesterday trying again, without any problem. Checked my telemetry, and the throttle values were normal.
    It seems that i don't have this issue.

2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

It does the same thing on my computer. I don't thing it's a hardware issue.
    It probably has something to do with how the 2-stroke engine / revlimiter / running out of revs is simulated.
    So i don't think it's a problem. It's just how it works and is the same for every one else.
    You just need to use too short gearing for the track to replicate it.

You can chance the gearing from tuning menu.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Registered

Hello!
    I bought the DLC from rfactor 2 on kartsim.
    I would like to make a skin for the karts that come in the Dlc
    Where can I download the templates?
    Thank you

chisco85 likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

think I've got to the bottom of the problem

nothing to do with overclock, reset mobo to default, put the overclocks back on after finding problem still existed + fps really falling through the floor without the overclocks

when karts hit the limiter the virtual foot follows the end of gear stuttering of the kart engine ,
    -this shouldnt happen unless driver has to save the engine but then we must do this manually as its a simulator, but I'm thinking its a sloppy software thing but then this was prior to VR ( ISI karts same so maybe its within the rf2 software at the moment )
    be good if this was fixed, unless we have to save the engine by not keeping the pedal down whilst on gear limit ? if this is the case then we need to do that manually

mine was also lifting on odd times prior to hitting limiter, I realised though not with the keyboard accerator that I used to test,
    so I switched to a new circuit
    board (leo bodnar instead of DSD) in my pedals & that sorted it, what I do not understand is why the original circuit board didnt seem to do it with non kart cars? or in iracing ever
    anyhow I'm sending the circuit board back by international post to DSD for them to test it

after that I spent another 2hrs going nuts as steering seemed to be doing its onw thing at times then realised that the darn stupid "steering help" ket had been pressed , I do delete those helper key assignments but was trying to sort some strange thing that caused the static spring effect to increase ( for no reason I could think of ! ) to the point it was hard to turn the steering wheel,
    think I have to refresh my mind on the .Json controller settings and do another profile

I'm really trying to stick with rfactor2 this time as physics/ffb (when everything working) is the very top,
    hate to say it here but zero hassle like this on iracing -everyhting just works

another doomed rf2 5hrs of problem solving brought back memories )-:
    such a great piece of software but somehow always gives hassle, think ISI never historically tested on non mainstream/high end gear to make sure all pretty seamless ?

frustrating but I'm trying to migrate back to rfactor2 as my main go to sim

I'm sending the circuit board off as I'm very interested to see if any fault in the meantime I'm having a break from rf2,
    I knowm theres some good updates & optimisations etc on the way

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. bwana

bwana Registered

sounds like your winning but s it really rf2 at fault as you seemed to have found 2 hardware issues instead?

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Have you got your wheel, pedals, button plate etc all grounded?

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes where needed, thanks for the suggestion

everything works fine in iracing, it sounds as though I'm blaming rfactor2 but obviously it causes frustration when one title is pretty seamless and an other title just seems to bring random problems, anyway I'm sorting it, maybe updates will come prior to me be back up & running again

sometimes I envy users with mainstream gear as I think apart from stuff wearing out there are few other problems
    but when all ok on my setuo its mind-blowingly good especially with rfactor2

I'll make some tweeks to the ffb.Json profile , no idea why that changed, seemed that the spring effect increased,
    another mystery

hoping to migrate to rfactor2 as main sim, using Kartsim (hopefully more tracks coming)
    & historic content, I'll run a server on separate PC but seriously not looking forward to getting that working ( half weekend wasted on last attempt !! )

in the meantime, VR ping pong/table tennis for me that will take away frustration lol

bwana and Emery like this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

One last thing to try if you haven't already, remove (not delete) the contents of the Controller folder and also the Controller.JSON to wherever (desktop) and start rF2 up. You'll have a fresh Controller.JSON to test your problem.
    If it didn't fix it you can just put the old ones back and you'll have lost nothing.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers
    I need a custom controller profile as I use a Bodnar V2 , I made it myself a while ago , only needs a few adjustments but have to wrap my mind around it again.

Did do a fresh install of rfactor2 then added my controller profile I’m sure it worked fine at 1st

Hopefully irritations should be gone soon then happy days

bwana likes this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Registered

Nobody can tell me where I can download the templates for the skin of the karts of Kartsim?

11. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Look into your rfactor2 folder. There is a folder called templates.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Registered

No, they're not in that folder. I need them for a kart race I want to organize...

13. Finnro

Finnro Registered

To my knowledge the templates aren't released yet.

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

They haven't been released yet...the best you can do at the moment is extract the dds files from the X30_Teams.mas file and paint over it.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

was there ever any confirmation of additional content being released?
    there's enough to keep me going for now but i'm thinking of possible kart leagues etc ,

another few official tracks from kartsim would make a nice rounded series pack

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

bwana and Adrianstealth like this.
  17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

FACEBOOK

ME
    The DLC "KartSim" on Rfactor 2 is of a high quality.
    I would like to ask you a question, which frankly interests me a lot :
    When can we hope to have the new DLC on Rfactor 2 ?
    I really look forward to having it.
    What is most impressive is the physics of karts and circuits.

KARTSIM
    - Thanks for the feedback we are currently working on some European tracks we hope to release soon
    - Towards end of August

chisco85, Goanna, bwana and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

it's the first time I've seen circuits with realistic graphics on rf2 I thought it was impossible!!
    the KartSim mod is a great success!!
    and I'm not a fan of the Kart but when the talent is there you have to recognize it the X30 is superb and the track rendering impressive

Adrianstealth likes this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great -thanks both for the good Info

Anything that is Kartsim content is an instant buy from me

No brainer

pkelly likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Have you not raced on the nords or historic spa tracks,they look amazing imho,and the new Zandvoort looks great too