Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know this thread is long but I've stated my settings a few times already: ASW locked to 45, Medium/High settings, 2xAA, AI up to 29 depending on Mod/Track combo.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. HarleyHazza

HarleyHazza Registered

Hi,
    Every time I join a game/server, the helmet cam is way off, so i have to recenter the view, and sometimes can not get it how i want it. Is there anyway to save that camera view (cockpit cam) when i have found the right spot/view i like so i do not have to do it every time I open the game?

3. Depco

Depco Registered

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I have mapped a button on my wheel to re-centre the view.

5. Depco

Depco Registered

I mapped the Backspace key and can find it with my headset on...

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

My wheel has an Up-Down-L-R switch ( I suppose most do). I mapped the Up position to re-center the view. Very convenient and easy to find "blind". (I set Down to look behind.)

7. HarleyHazza

HarleyHazza Registered

The issue isn't with finding the key, that's the easy part :p It's just a hassle trying to get a good cockpit view again because i have to put my physical head down/up/left/right to get the 'spot'.

However, I use the 'O' button on my G29 for Recenter key. And the Up-Down-L-R switch to change my LCD Menu (pit stop changes etc), it's easy and close to the left hand incase of a sudden pitstop that requires a few changes.

Lots of other stuff on the wheel too. DRS, Pit Request, Speed Limiter and Change LCD Menu are set to the 4 blue 'L' & 'R' buttons.
    Brake Bias is set to the spinning wheel/knob.
    Engine Mix set to the Up & Down arrows on the left side.
    Engine Boost set 'X' & 'Triangle'.
    Couple of other things like Ignition, Starter & Neutral are set to the 3 keys at the very bottom of the wheel (PS button etc)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

All I do is sit in my driving position with hands on the wheel and press the button, when I first drive some cars I may have to adjust the seat movements (up/down/forwards/backwards) & Mirrors but then that's saved until there's an update for the car which sets it back to default (same with mirrors).

Seven Smiles likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m pretty much running everything within rf2 visual graphic options to off / min in an attempt for fluid vr experience ( I prefer fluid 90fps )

Think performance of rf2 has got worse , roll on optimisation update hopefully be better then

10. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Yeah OK, sorry for the off-the-mark answer. :D But honestly, it is so simple I'm amazed you find it a hassle. I'm with MarcG, I just press my centering button and I'm 95% there. Maybe I lean just a tiny bit or turn my head a degree and press again. I used to sometimes dip down a little to get the height right but now I just press my seat up/down button. It never takes more the 10 or 15 seconds and I'm good for the session.

Mirrors can be a little tougher. But they're not really in 3d so basically they're the same hassle as always. I've always hated the rF2 mirror adjustments.

Jego, Seven Smiles and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah, some Cars I need to dip down in the seat and I just recentre a few times till correct.
    Yes the seat adjustment works quite qell also and seems to stay after the recenter function has been used .
    Yep the mirrors suck hard in rF2!

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Truth. At least the adjustment of them.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Guys, i tried Rf2 for the first time using VR and i have 6 mirrors on the screen. 3 from the car and 3 virtuals on top of the screen. How can i disable these virtual mirrors?

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Map a button to mirrors from memory , i have it on Q ! It cycles through the in car mirrors and virtual mirrors .

Frankalexandre likes this.
  15. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Thanks.

16. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

I just recently upgraded to a OSW direct drive wheel using the SimuCUBE software and I have to alt+tab out when I switch cars to change the steering rotation to match the car. I've yet to try VR since but does alt+tab work while using VR? I never had to do it when using my G27 with Logitech Profiler so help me if there is something I'm missing, lol. I've just been back to racing on a single monitor since upgrading to the OSW.

17. Depco

Depco Registered

not that I've found. There's actually a fair number of options that do not work in VR. FPS counter, CPU and Physics Graph, Pretty much anything that writes to the screen.

DaveS78 likes this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

Windows+D works for me.

DaveS78 likes this.
  19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

After reading somewhere in this thread about using ASW in the Oculus Tray Tool decided to give it a try. I set it at 45 as recommended and used the Performance HUD to see the ASW section. However, the screen shows " ASW Status - Available - not active" and none of the figures shown change. Am I missing something? TIA

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Have you tried using Right Ctrl + Keypad 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 to adjust ASW ?
    From memory 1 is ASW Off so FPS move around as normal ,
    2 is locked at 45 no ASW ,
    3 is ASW lock 45
    and 4 is normal ASW , so 90 when GPU performance allows and 45 when load is to much .
    Something like that , i just use 3 and 4 now though .