A request for the RF2 Store Page and also 2 dlc bugs

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by skidsmcgee, Apr 8, 2018.

1. skidsmcgee

skidsmcgee Registered

Hi There,

I was directed to RF2 support by steam support. As you may know the new SteamVR beta allows per application supersampling settings. Unfortunately these do not work with RF2 because you guys are not listing your game as VR compatible in the store page (apparently this governs whether it shows up on the application drop down). Please consider updating this as it will make life easier for us VR users.

Message from steam support below:
    "In order for a Steam application to be listed on the per-application settings page, the game needs to support SteamVR and indicate that it provides support on the Store page. For example, The Lab indicates support for the Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality equipment on the right side-bar of the Store Page, and Assetto Corsa lists support for the Rift and Vive.

While rFactor 2 does apparently support SteamVR/OpenVR equipment, this compatibility is not noted on the Store page. This is preventing it from showing on the list.

These properties of the Store Page are controlled by the software developer/publisher, and cannot be altered by Steam Support. We suggest contacting the game developer for more assistance with this issue.

You can reach rFactor 2 support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

I'm sorry we can't provide more assistance with this issue. If you have any other questions, please let us know - we'll be happy to help.

Steam Support
    Jesse D"

I thought I would also mention 2 DLC bugs.. in case no one else has...

The Mclaren button console is see through in VR so you see some metal objects through the button surround that shouldn't be see through.

The Mercedes has an issue in VR, all the other menus are fine but when you select the tires menu there is a second black shaded menu on the other side that just has four inactive spots listing '100'.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, we'll take a look at addressing that problem in Steam, it looks like a simple fix.

The DLC bugs I passed on to the team for verification and fixing.

3. elcoco

elcoco Registered

same issue with kartsim

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

That issue is probably in the HUD not the car you use.

5. skidsmcgee

skidsmcgee Registered

Thank you Marcel! I can now select application supersampling for RF2. Much appreciated!