Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

To be fair though, rental karts are going to have knackered tyres that have been rotated several times to save costs. So maybe...

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Without talking about engine performances. Once I've been on a rental track, their base kart had no functional brakes, but you discovered it only at session end, when you were forced to pit, because for the whole time, you could just floor the throttle, no matter if the track was straight or a hairpin. On the other hand there are rental karts nearby that goes pretty fast, and you can spin them relatively easily.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Where did Jimmy said that? He only drove the X30 in his vid.
    Shaun was driving like supernoob with wrong steering-ratio and reversed FFB
    and "gamermuscle" as James call himself, can´t drive at all! He is really the worst simmer and the biggest Id**t I´ve ever seen...

Guimengo, LokiD and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

none of them seem to be keen on the rental..

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Insert mic drop gif here.

I’m glad someone else thinks the same about saun and gamermuscle.

LokiD and AMillward like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

That Aidan Millward can't drive either :eyeroll:

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i do agree with you guys. but i still think the rental over rotates too much compare to real life. but eh. maybe its a flaw in the sims engine - maybe not. Just the older karts felt off and i see a similar issues in those rentals.. Suppose i better try them first.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I found with the rental you've gotta be more cautious than normal. Think it's supposed to be so the slowest of the slowest n00bs can do okay in them because they're going to be careful and work up to the limit.

Whereas with us we tried to chuck them into a corner :p

9. Filip

Filip Registered

What is the bhp and max speed of the rental one?

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

About 50 miles at PFI. Which is about 80k I think.

11. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen Registered

Yeah. While X30 is brilliant the rental kart drives nothing like any rental kart I've driven. Of course you can get rental karts rotate, even too much, but it doesn't result such snap-oversteer but actually scrubs off the speed instead. When rental kart starts to oversteer your first thought is not to catch the slide but to blame yourself for killing the momentum. These rental karts in game can over-rotate while coasting in mid-corner which just shouldn't be the case. And it does it a wrong way too, IMO. I see it pretty obvious the car has been crusified by a lot of people.

Ernie and KittX like this.
  12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

not sure about this one, but in real life, the vast majority of rental karts use Honda engines. Mainly 200cc which has 6,5bhp, 270cc which has 9,5 bhp, and 390cc which I believe has about 13bhp (not so sure on that one). (there are also 160cc and 120cc engines, which as far as I know are mainly used for small karts for kids).

Now, I don't have this dlc yet, but looking at the images from the release post (which aren't a real good angle to really see anything of it :p ) I would guess this is either the 200cc or 270cc option (and if I were to take a guess, I would guess they would have picked the bigger option, so my (un-)lucky guess would be 9,5bhp)

Okay, so this doesn't help you one bit probably, as you still don't know :D

And to not help you further, from a rental kart, I wouldn't expect too much speed, I would be suprised allready if it got to about 80kph o_O

Pretty much all based on some (local) "knowledge/experience", so maybe I am completely off for this particular kart they added

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've driven many rental karts, most are setup so they are very forgiving but tad slugish, I have driven same except with a more competive setup ( it was the kart the staff used )
    and it snappef out very quickly ?& was much harder to control
    ...but with a more experienced driver faster times can be achieved as the staff were very quick with the kart setup this way

I bet the base set for these kartsim rentals are set for good competitve times.....but will require a tad more practice

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

on the Kartsim website it states "Kartsim features 10 UK tracks and 5 UK Kart Models "

will all of these be made available in rf2 ???

15. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

16. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

In fact, while Honda claims 13hp on the 390cc engines, I can indeed confirm that you get more like 10, or 11 at best. Which is actually a big difference. You kind of also got the KartSim engine right, which shares plenty of properties with 270cc engines, but also some with 390cc engines. They feel and sound a bit like a mixture of both to be honest, it all comes down to the equipment around the engine (like exhaust for instance). I would say this is probably a 270cc one with a racing exhaust (which in that kart kind of makes sense to have). This is definitely not the 200cc option though.

By the way, the 160cc engines for karts were discontinued a couple of years ago and fully replaced by 200cc engines which offer almost the same power ironically.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

KartSim Updates

KS_X30 v1.13
    Rental v1.13

Changelog
    • Changes to naming parameters
    • More adjustmentment on seating
    • Updated Skins
    • Tyre telemetry switched on as per request from forum
    • Default gearing fixed

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Awesome karts, had really good time with them tonight.

I am not sure if it's me not familiar with track enough or S1 has no pits and stop n go, but I got stop and go for cutting track at Buckmore and couldn't find where to serve it. Is it a track issue or should I disable penalties with those series?

19. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

You're probably cutting the chicane on pit exit. I mentioned the issue a few pages back.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/introducing-kartsim.59673/page-7#post-939597

Either the AIW needs to be adjusted to the right slightly (so they're not cheating) or the detection for cutting moved slightly left.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The Honda site I found with these engines claimed about 11.5 I think. The kart rental place with the karts in question said 13 :p

Devin likes this.