Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in my comment there was no offense, just a gif that said no, but the forum is full of things and not deleted, anyway from now on easier to put it still, I know how you spend it :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry if I misrepresented myself, with only one experience to judge on I know I can't put anything in context :D

It makes sense that they would set up rentals to understeer for safety (and despite some years of virtual racing I wasn't under any illusions I'd be able to jump in and amaze anyone), but I would imagine many people, like me, have few 'real' racing experiences and karts are pretty much the pinnacle of what you can hope to try. And the karts I tried weren't the indoor tyre-lined dodgem-car fests, but 390cc karts on a 1.6km outdoor track (with grass runoff and all) so it's easy to imagine they might be a little racier than some you could try.

Plus, without any real knowledge about different karts, I don't know where the slower of the rF2 karts sits in the scheme of things. If that's still a racing kart rather than a rental (even if mainly in setup) then that's fair enough. If the KartSim rentals are closer to what people will experience in their own 'racing career' then that's a good thing, as it represents one of the few opportunities to compare real life to a racing simulation :)

3. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

One thing that caught my attention is that when you put the ISI faster kart sideways it starts to shake with the tyres seemingly "slipping and re-gripping" repeatedly.

Couldnt do that with the Kartsim Senior but maybe thats because I simply wasnt going fast enough.
    Or maybe it was something odd from the ISI karts. Of course I can only guess.

Avelino Trocola likes this.
  4. Avelino Trocola

Avelino Trocola Registered

Yeah, I felt the same and is very realistic. Will try that with Kartsim.

5. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Those 390cc Honda 4-stroke rentals are just a slightly more powerful version of the regular standard rental kart, they are in no way racier than the slower ones. Quite the opposite even, because of their higher speed they are even less racey so that no one crashes out and flips horribly. It's often possible to go faster in lower tier rental karts for that reason. The type of track also doesn't really matter in this context, but indoor tracks are usually a bit more slippery, with some exceptions where they're grippier but awful to drive.

The KartSim rentals don't capture true rental kart racing 100% if you ask me (partly because that depends on so many factors that they simply can't), but they're totally not the point of the pack. They are more of a fun little extra. The X30 are where it's at, and those are absolutely nailed, maybe even slightly grippier than I remember, but they seem to use softer tyres than I used to race so it's probably just that.

This is what real karts do, and the KartSim ones do it as well. However, the ISI karts are overgripped and do it much more than they should, which is why it becomes so obvious there. In KartSim (and real life) you only notice that under certain conditions when you have too much grip and certain chassis strength and when you go really fast, right on the limit basically. ISI karts do it way too much, which is also why I've stopped racing those.

Actually, to show how extreme this can get: I once broke a rib during a race and I wasn't involved in any collisions. Instead, looking at video footage, I just had this bouncing in one particular corner so much that it just repeatedly smacked the seat into my rib which ended up breaking it even through protection. So yeah, this stuff can get pretty violent and is something you don't see in other types of racing

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The rental kart place I know best, don't tune the karts so that they understeer. What they do (unfortunately) is to overuse the tires in such a way that the kart is unstable even in straight braking because the grip level is terribly unbalanced.

Louis likes this.
  7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Sounds like the well known tire shake in drag racing :p

But these cars have some hp more....let's say +9000 hp?!

Happy easter everyone.

caravan_driver likes this.
  8. joekart

joekart Registered

Hello,
    I did years of karting, 100 cc and 125 shifter.
    This mod is a total success. I find the same sensations, cornering braking, grip at high and low speed, slipping, inertia, stopping distances etc.
    The FFB is excellent and I control the machine perfectly.
    make sure that you have 187 ° of steering wheel rotation, that the ffb is strong enough (1.20 for me) and that you have no help with driving and a good setup for the seat and fov in order to see like in the real thing.
    If after that you still do not like it is that you do not like the kart and you had a wrong idea of what is driving a kart.
    Above all, it's so realistic that it gives me total confidence in the physical engine of rfactor2. it makes me think that other cars are realistic and that I learn to drive them "for real"

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Would this be the thread to report minor issues?

The 'chicane' on the pit exit of Buckmore Park has a cut-track penalty. And rightly so! The problem is, the AI all drive through the cut-track area without penalty. I kept wondering why I was being black flagged and it's because I keep following these damn cheaters.

cut track.JPG
    [​IMG]

Adrianstealth and SPASKIS like this.
  10. Avelino Trocola

187 degrees in-game, ok. Should I set 187 in Windows also?

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

ui > control > vehicule set check

12. Avelino Trocola

Ok, and in Windows 187 degrees as well or 900 as usual?

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if you have the rf2 in game option of vehicle set checked, then you can leave windows at 900

14. Avelino Trocola

Thanks!

15. Franck

Franck Registered

and compared to KART RACING PRO from PIBISO?

16. joekart

joekart Registered

I could not compare to kart racing pro because the last time i played it, it was 2 years ago. I prefer kartsim but it's not a fair comparison.

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Fantastic! Such fun to drive and good for a "refresher course" on racing.

18. oppolo

oppolo Registered

19. joekart

joekart Registered

20. stonec

stonec Registered