been gone for a couple months or so

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NickSpeed, Mar 27, 2018.

1. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

I get the game running.....

when i join a game

PACKAGE NOT AVAILABLE

MUST DOWNLOAD SOME OTHER MOD TO PLAY

ETC..............

this is why I haven't bought and will not buy any DLC...I still to this day months later can't join a race or download mods...what the hell are these people doing at studio 397?

do they not know that people will just walk away from this sim and go play something else...it's really not that hard to find other racing games that offer multiplayer excitement but with none of the bugs.

pretty disappointing I paid money for this at all...feels more like a few people doing this on the side than actually fixing the game and making it perfect. oh I know nothing is perfect...but how about it just works how it should 97% of the time....ill give them 3% for bugs after all this time.

so yeah I guess it's onto reupping the Iracing membership for whatever 30 bucks for a few months...

maybe they just gave up on making this sim into a mainstream game that millions of people play and that's too damn bad - but as it stands it's still in beta for all im concerned...

can't even join a game....SMH

*facepalm*

Louis likes this.
  2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We're working on a lot of new features and content, and these concerns you bring up we want to address eventually.
    Check our Roadmaps for the latest updates on what we're 'doing' ;)

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Hey Nick,

This community is here to help. It is entirely possible that you can play for a long time without buying DLC and a lot cheaper than what you are proposing. I guess if we all paid S397 $30 every few months they would be able to hire more people and release quicker.

To help a bit - It is much faster to subscribe to content via Steam Workshop than download from a server hosting a race. If you see something interesting, find it in the Workshop, click subscribe and next time you start rFactor2 that stuff will download, then join the server. After a short time you have all the content you need and joining severs is easier.
    It is also possible the server you tried is setup wrong, I've made that mistake before!

5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

6. Emery

Emery Registered

You know that usually indicates you're trying to join a server where DLC is required, right? Likely will happen when content is URD Endurance, S397 GT3, and S397 Formula E.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

also happens if the server is not set correctly regardless of the mod being free or paid
    had this happening a couple of times to me, set the server one day works great, next week set the server in the same way bam! "package not available", and then start running in circles trying to solve it, it's annoying :D I eventually gave up of dealing with rF2 online hosting ^^"

Emery likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

BryanBirtwell gets all the credit for this. I had no clue about it until he pointed it out for his F3 Fanatics.

9. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

they made it rain..so now every time I start a practice session it's raining and it makes it too choppy to play...

got it paid content is why i can't join some servers.....how about having an option to see whos in each sever/if they are real or AI.....

these were some concerns I had a while ago...still same thing.

I'm sorry to bitch and be that trolly guy or whatever but in time there WILL be another sim that beats this if you don't get on it.

10. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

live for speed never charged that much and look how popular they are...you'll find people playing that sim to this day in all sorts of servers.

they just had a really solid game to start with and then build from there..

nobody wants to pick a game up and go why can't i join a game, why can't I do this, how do I do this...it has to be like a mac...USER FRIENDLY

you guys put a game out there full of flaws and nobody likes it compared to the simcades out there...hell even iracing has a fair amount of people...

nobody cares about rain, at least I don't. Dirt is cool, Ovals are cool...and so forth...but Rain...come now....you've got other things to fix before you start with rain and start expecting people to spend 100$ on the game and extra mods you'll probably never get a chance to race people on public servers..

what this game needs is some people with money to fix what needs fixing and make this into everyone's favorite game...

yeah we get it..best forcefeedback and feel from the road...NOW FIX EVERYTHING ELSE LOL

and the mirrors in VR..come on now...when I move my head to change angle - NOTHING!!!!!!! even LFS has this from like 15 years ago

11. bwana

bwana Registered

It rains and you sit the dummy lol . Ever opened the settings page ? Face palm connection now

Louis, Nitrometh and David Kolody like this.
  12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Maybe get a bit more into rf2. It takes the one and other knuff to get it as you want, but you won't be disappointed. It's like a race car that you can tune to your personal preference.
    ;)

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hehehe...calling LFS a sim...Still a few days until April Fools......:rolleyes:

14. lagg

lagg Registered

I care about the rain. I love the rain. :)

Louis likes this.
  15. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

Lots of options at this point. Racing games that have little simulation value but easy to pick up and play, iRacing with good sim, great online play and $$$$$ (I’m into it about $600 after a year...but still love it) Raceroom...still not sure how this fits in, but didn’t like the feel of it, and AC and RF2 that rely on mods, and have their own strengths.

I’ve decided that iRacing works for me for online racing on a hectic schedule. RF2 is best for offline play. SRS is starting to change online experience for AC (and RF2 when they start supporting it again). We’ll see how the new RF2 and AC competition components work out. iRacing’s new tire model and addition of AI will also be interesting.

PCARS 2 looked promising but I’ve given up on it due to bugs, crappy AI and less than desirable online experiences.

One thing I’ve found with all the communities, maybe RF2 most of all, is that if you are having troubles and ask nicely, people will bend over backwards to help. This forum is filled with examples of that. So if you’d like to experience the best simulation (which is without a doubt RF2) simply ask how to fix your problems and you’ll get the help you need.

16. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

fair enough point Nick is making though. He shouldn't have to ask for help because it should be easier. Sad to say that it isn't, but many of us are used to that

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

What you just said is so true ....

What I advise @NickSpeed is to review all possible settings in different places of the UI.

I say it, say it again and again, there is no better simulation open to the general public, but all is not rosy :

Overall realism very impressive (absolutely not only the physics) ..... but on almost all aspects (performance etc.), RF2 is objectively worse than the classic video games.

Luckily, you arrive at the right time because some things will change soon (UI / performance / etc).

18. Depco

Depco Registered

soon (TM).....

19. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Man I have more fun playing Live for speed because I can pick that up and just start racing people online.....

offline is fun with nordshife-however you spell - but the AI sucks still....sure it's getting better but still it's no fun racing by yourself.

now we get more stuff we have to pay for in order to race online in certain races yay...therefore making it more difficult to just pick up and race people unless you all fork over extra cash....which by the way is pointless when you have tons of unpaid mods which give you just as much offline enjoyment.

people love simple....this game is nothing but...i've been through all the settings too and changed everything I can...still I wait for for an updated version of this sim....it just seems like the same one from years ago, but with rain etc...

ps the static mirrors in VR need fixing...this is the only sim where it doesn't change with the head movement and looks super fake.

20. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

i need an option to see who is racing on which server/what track they are on currently and if they are AI or not....

just play any other racing sim and you'll see what I mean.........