[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

SL1DE, Churrinche, Magus and 6 others like this.
  2. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Thanks guys!! again many hours of pleasure!! ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. iev35

iev35 Registered

Hey merci oldseb;)
    Ouai on est à la limite niveau tremblement je sais bien,y'en aura moins sur la prochaine.
    I said BT55 was too """""easy"""""
    I didn't worked the ferrari setup.
    I worked a lot the BT55 setup....
    For me,the best physics will be between this 2 cars.

Lu ManiaK likes this.
  4. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I'm agree. My "test" on Monaco was not properly a good test. In Carrera's circuit my time was "in line" with the reality.
    Then I tried the BT55 on Brands Hatch laserscanned and...the result was that I was a loooooooong way faster than the real cars. With standard engine I destroyed a lot of qualy laps. My race-pace was always on qualy time. I know that is impossible to drive a full race with full turbo power, but it was possible for a lap in the reality...and, for me, to have a qualy's time lap on race is not "good". This BT55 is not really hard to drive but still remain a fantastic car to drive. The turbo makes this car hard to handle when power increase like a demon's rage. Not properly a perfect mod but still astonishing.
    Now I will test the Ferrari and Benetton. :)

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

OFFTOPIC (little)

Je peux te suggerer d'augmenter au dela de 100% les headphysics (aero ALL, pas engine).

Player.json
    car vibrations = 0 (deux lignes)
    cockpit vibration = >1 (pour les deux lignes)

Personnellement je joue a 1.6 (160%), c'est nettement meilleur pour toutes les categories (OW/GT etc.).

----------
    The overall work of postipate and chief is impressive/awesome.

Thank you very much.
    I will donate for your entire work/mods.

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The sounds of these cars,especially the Brabham is some of the best sounding cars I’ve heard across the many sims.
    The Brabham is just to die for,both physics and sound,the Ferrari sounds a droves great too,but the Benetton for me I can’t drive due to the cockpit view looking too far downwards.
    But none the less,with these cars,Monaco and the nords,I haven’t had this much fun since I can remember.
    Can’t praise this work enough

I’m just amazed by the onaboard but also trackside sounds of these cars,just amazing

7. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

The Benetton feels nice to drive, HOWEVER - The default gear ratios need to be shortened, 2nd and 3rd needs to be shortened by two clicks, and 4th and 5th by one click, 6th can be left alone. Basically because of the turbo lag, shift from 1st into 2nd and sometimes 2nd into 3rd, you end up with no boost. This results in the Benetton AI being off by about 3 seconds at Adelaide. I had to shorten the ratios on my setup to match the Ferrari and Brabham times. I reckon it should be like that out of the box and especially for the AI.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I do like BT55 a lot. But Ferrari and Benetton are very difficult do drive. As soon as RPM reaches some point its like an on/off switch, in 1-3 gear I will go into spin no matter how I try to modulate the throttle. Only thing I can do is shift really early before turbo kicks in, or let go throttle completely. If its possible, I'd vote for more drivability, at least like in BT55. So that if I go with less throttle I can manage the rears spinning at high RPM in low gears.

SL1DE likes this.
  9. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

quick question, the engine sounds are all the same or are my ears overdue to be checked ?

10. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

The Brabham and Benetton seem similar, but the Ferrari is definitely different.

patchedupdemon and nericksenna like this.
  11. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, thats correct

nericksenna likes this.
  12. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I think it is too soon to judge the Ferrari and the Benetton. They are both work in progress! I also agree the BT55 looks like a bit easy to drive, maybe it should be tweaked in the future!

About making the cars easier to drive, I think they should feel as realistic as possible, they shouldn't be tweaked to be easier yo drive, each car has its pros and cons and we have to deal with them.

These cars were absolute monsters back in the day, and should feel like that.

Sebastien Sestacq and Mauro like this.
  13. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Love it. Don't change these to soften the turbo boost...if anything they should be harder to drive. The Brabham is almost on rails and very docile. I think the Ferrari and Benetton are heading in the right direction as they are easy to drive off boost and a bit of a handful when the turbo finally kicks in. The Benetton is very hard to keep on boost as it is a very small window @ about 10500rpm - 11500. But gearing and setup should go some way to aid the lag and all-hell-breaking loose madness of full boost. Kyalami 76 is very well suited to these, so much so that 330kph feels a bit slow after a few laps.

14. GeakosF1

GeakosF1 Registered

Hello
    Can somebody recap which cars are available from this amazing project?
    I am new here and i have lost it a little :)

Flaux likes this.
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is best to provide the cars to how they were (to the best of chief and posti's abilities) and let us sort ourselves out. The beauty of taming a difficult car or game, like in sim titles from 1-2 decades ago, was that although some cars were challenging, they were not unfair. Until you can manage the car, change the ratio and lift the throttle.

I'll reserve any judgment until v1.00 of the cars are out, and expect the Brabham to eventually be revisited too. I find the BT55 rather tame but I'll have to find more onboard and replay videos to either correct or support my views.

Mauro likes this.
  16. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

This Ferrari reminds me the old 312 from Postipate. The car has the same "problem". Worked on setup and now is really driveable...and very fast...maybe too much. Or simply I overdrove for two laps doing qualy times on race settings.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  17. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Just tried out both the benetton + ferrari...
    Staggering work!! just phenomenal !!!

Stumbled upon this, just in cas you'd need it:

18. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Ouuh!! just came across this too just in case:

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  19. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Recorded a short 5 lap race around Adelaide in the Benetton. Video quality is low because I didn't have enough disk space left to record in high quality, so sorry about that. First few laps are scrappy, but then I get it together. It's hard when the car is unpredictable at times, sometimes you skid straight, other times you get snap oversteer into the wall which you cannot save.
    All assists off, manual H-pattern with clutch. 99% AI, but they always seem slow around Adelaide 1988.

20. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

and here's a great blueprint for the Williams (+ helmet model profile;)):
    [​IMG]