[REL] rf2TVPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Ok, if the future is that I´d have to write a gui based editor for track/corrdor defintions, I better do not start changing anything...

2. oliva18

oliva18 Registered

Hi Stefan, great job! I've started to try your pluging since V0.5 and yesterday I've upgraded It to V0.6a. With last version I can't capture the tower overlay in OBS software, only the new driver timing overlay works fine.
    Suggestion? Anyone use that with OBS for broadcast events?
    Thanks, Danilo

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hi Danilo
    Both dialogs work very much the same, I can not tell you what is causing this issue. However, I forgot to give them separate names. But this was since the beginning.
    You do not see both window in the preview either? I have never streamed so far, to be honest. I just activated in global source -> rf2 -> Properties the show overlapped windows options (obs v659b) and the preview looks fine
    BR

4. oliva18

oliva18 Registered

Hi Stefan, tnx for reply!
    I can see both overlay widget on my screen but when I try to capture them on OBS with "Windows Capture" I can select 2 Windows with the same name ("null") but both show me only the newest Driver Timing widget and I can't show on my stream the Tower Widget.
    Maybe just rename one of them can fix this issue.
    Thanks you!

5. Josef Flaska

Josef Flaska Registered

Can you help us with this? Give us link please? Looks great

6. Pocisk

Pocisk Registered

Hi, We use own Tv plugin for dx11 based at own live HTML telemetry and tv overlay.
    It's a little bit complicated, and we use it only with streaming app (OBS).
    Overlay shows only some parts from www site (HTML telemetry on obs screen).
    I'm not the autor of this plugin and I don't know everything about this, but you can sent mail to our app guru mr_jaro, and ask him for more info: mrjaro@irg-world.pl

Cheers

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

pls try the 0.6b and report
    thx

8. Hidron

Hidron Registered

My antivirus deleted the file rf2tvclient,exe v0.6b because is identifity as Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS.
    It's a false positive i think ....

9. jmarq10

jmarq10 Registered

This is not working for me, any tip? Testing on multiplayer

Justifier likes this.
  10. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I uploaded V0.7. There are quite some changes. But visible is only:
    CarClasses are supported - with the drawback I do not know them from the mod. I know them by players joining. So i used alphabetic sorting for the indexing. That means if new driver joins with previously unknown CC, it changes the indexing and coloured icon in the tower. If someone knows better how to deal with it, pls tell me.

Also there is a check in the client for cam autocontrol, which is controlled by some logic - It will not catch everything for sure. It uses also sometimes replay mode to show something. During a start phase where lot of things happen it does not work so well imo. But again, better than nothing...
    BR
    Stefan

Corti likes this.
  11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I pushed a V0.7a
    found a few non-critical things in the V0.7, added also a bit in the tower.

What is not so nice is that V0.07 created new variables in your custompluginvariables.json. The default is generated wrong in V0.7. It should be
    "OvertakeEventForPitCars":0,
    and not 1
    With 1 you may get too many overtake events (not critical but usually not wanted). So if you used V0.7 allready, you may have to edit the json. There are 2 more similiar flags where default is 1 intentionally, however I think 0 makes sense to filter out even more unrequired overtake P+ events. The readme tries to explain. Sry 4 inconvenience
    Have fun

Corti and Carlos Santos like this.
  12. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Hi Stefan, first of all thanks for all the great work you are doing with this plugin. I had the plugin working when I was running a dedicated RF2 server from a separate PC using SteamCMD with no Steam installed and just the dedicated server. This plugin worked to give me a window with the just the lap times and positions. Then I decided I would like to have a window with the Tower camera on the same dedicated server PC and that's when I installed Steam and downloaded the full version of RF2 and tried to follow your instructions. The plugin exe wouldn't connect to my new dedicated server (from the full Steam install) so I changed the server entry in the exe from a "." to 127.0.0.1 (as the server and player2 are on the same machine and I think I may have also tried a few UID numbers to try to get it to connect and I may have even tried the server entry as "127.0.01:27013" or something and during that stuffing around I managed to crash the exe and the rf2TVClient.exe now crashes immediately upon opening. Obviously I've stuffed something up. Here is a pic of the error message. Please help.

Attached Files:

13. Heath J

Heath J Registered

I am wondering if there is a way to change (customize) the appearance of the tower (and the driver info widget)? I like the data and the fact that it highlights the driver being viewed, but would love to change the appearance of the tower. Thanks for all of your hard work!

14. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Ok if this happens to anyone else I managed to diagnose the problem. The exe creates a registry entry so you need to use regedit and find the section for the rf2TVClient plugin and you get edit the server details there. I stuffed it up by putting in a port number after the server ip and once I took it out here and changed it to 'localhost' all good.

15. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Hi Stefan,
    I am running a local server on a LAN and I race with 2 or three PC's at home with a separate PC for the server and the great rf2TVClient plugin. We race with about 18 AI and I display the spectator overlay on a big screen TV so other people can watch the racing. Is it possible to make it so that the AutoCtrl function can be allocated to only certain drivers (ie. the non AI drivers) and that the Camera views automatically change randomly between different selected camera views (maybe driver and track) like a real TV coverage? This would be awesome. Many thanks again for all your work so far. I am happy to donate for continued development of this great plugin. Cheers.

16. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Hi Stefan,
    Is there any possibility of putting a logo to put the name of the community that retransmits it?
    Thank you.

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

the tower is a weak workaround for a missing ingame render Option. Have to study new Plugin interface. No more work will be invested in the way it is.

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Uff. The project is a hydra. You start doing one feature, think you finished it somehow, instead you raise 3 more requests.

Actually there is a random switch to the driver cam. But it is not good because driver changes too. I find it confusing myself. I think it is better to switch track cam cam to new driver, then into Cockpit, maybe back to track before switching driver. The way it is you do not realize driver change.

Your other wish is a little bit to special, i'm sry. But maybe you find someone to operate the tool? And comment your driving?? Thats probably even more fun!!!
    Btw: AI is nothing. Go online!

Justifier likes this.
  19. Justifier

Justifier Registered

RoWo said:
    There are 2 lines in the player.json.
    1st is "Pause If Focus Lost":false,
    2nd one is "Active Sleep Time":-1,

I've got the same problem. Is there a fix for this? Cheers

20. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Oh I found it in another thread - here you go :)

This was set to 25, I changed to disable;
    "Inactive Sleep Time":-1,
    "Inactive Sleep Time#":"Number of milliseconds to sleep each message loop if the game is not the active application (-1 to disable). will give more CPU to other apps when minimized, etc.",

AND IT WORKS! This was the only stumbling block to getting it working so far. Now I'll have to look at some of the finer stuff that doesn't seem to be working like the replay system.

So to clarify, in case anyone searches for it, this player.json setting was putting the inactive window (unfocused)