Pushing beached car

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MarcoSaupe, Mar 18, 2018.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

might be a very stupid question, but I found absolutely nothing on this:
    When a car is beached, e.g. on a high curb, rF2 tells me to "use throttle and gear direction to push" ... erm... and how do I do this? I tried everything, from holding the upshift pushed, etc... nothing.

Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

press the throttle and upshift. IF you are truly beached on a curb, there might not be enuf motion to get you moving again. Try it on a flat piece of track or infield. with the power on but no engine started, press the throttle and engage 1st gear. See if that works.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is only a predefined force the invisible marshals can push with, so it's possible you were too stuck to move.

4. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Thanks, but this did not work, even on a flat track, or does this only work when the message appears, or does it depend on the car? I tried with the Bentley...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it only works when you see the message. It usually happens when you're against an object, although it may be that mods with a 'pit crew push' force defined will allow you to switch the car off in pitlane and get a push there. I'm not sure if having neither the marshal nor pitcrew force defined will stop it working at all.