AIW ISSUE

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by anaussiejoe, Mar 14, 2018.

1. anaussiejoe

anaussiejoe Registered

Hi all. I'm trying to convert a RF1 track to RF2. The game crashes at the end of the load screen
    in ModDev. I removed the AIW file and the track loads just fine. So I then made a new AIW file Via ModDev
    but when I load the track again It crashes. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could be causing
    it to crash.

2. anaussiejoe

anaussiejoe Registered

I have found the problem..
    Admin, You can delete this thread.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

The solution could be usefull for other

4. anaussiejoe

anaussiejoe Registered

Yes agree Lagg.
    The problem was that when coping the AIW and the CAM file from RF1, I also copied the
    GDB file which was the issue. I rewrote the GDB file and that fixed my issue.

lagg likes this.
  5. Intimidator

Intimidator Registered

I have the same issue while trying to make a new AIW for an existing rf2 track. As long as there is no AIW, everything runs fine in DevMode. The car appears somewhere in the forrest but I am able to move it on track and record the main path and the pitlane path. As soon as I try to save my achievements after connecting these paths and reload the track, it crashes at the very end of the loading screen. When I try to use the original AIW when loading the track, it crashes as well. What might be wrong with the GDB or is there another problem somewhere which I did not recognize yet?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

When you make the main and pit paths you have to "join as branch" did you do that?
    And also make sure you set a garage and a pit bay, then save your werk. Reload does it werk now?

SS

7. machine

machine Registered

When I started converting tracks, rather than taking a gdb from rf1 and converting it, I took the gdb from Joesville rF2 and edited it for my track. That way I knew I had rf2 compatibility. Same for other files. Except AIW. A RF1 AIW should load in Dev mode. Then Save.