New Wheel base advise - OSW or Accuforce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClintW, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ClintW

ClintW Registered

Hi All

I'm just about to buy a DD wheel and am looking for some other users experience.

My choices are either an osw, from someone like sim-plcicty or an AccuForce.

I know the fanatec wheel is imminent but my experience with "first gen" hasn't been great, especially when my main goal is reliability for sim racing.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Where are you from?

3. ClintW

ClintW Registered

Adelaide, Australia

4. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

When I was getting a direct drive a few years ago I ask the same question, and a forum member said he had an OSW and Accuforce ,both were excellent but advised me to go for the OSW , have never regretted my purchase , wonderful piece of kit , and love it to this day .

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't think Simxperience have a distributor here in Oz so if you have to get one from the US you have to factor in the dollar conversion, shipping cost of a 10 - 15 kg item, then you'll have import duty tax or whatever it's called.
    If it needs repairing then that's a headache stretching half way around the globe.
    That's most of the cons and I don't have any pros because I haven't used one.

I do however have a small mige SimeCUBE I got from Brett at Hybrid Racing Simulations who is based at Lismore NSW.
    I have not regretted getting the OSW one bit. Totally different level than the plastic stuff.
    If you don't improve your driving with a DD wheel or enjoy sim racing more you will not lose much money if you sell it.

Try and find some people near you who have either one and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you testing it.

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I live in Brisbane and use Accuforce V2 bought September 2016. Has been perfect since delivery was 2K landed. SIM Commander 4 software a bit to learn but there is plenty of docs to read that help. If you find setting up additional software an annoyance then accuforce would not be for you.
    Level of immersion is simply awesome. Online user and manufacturer help is quite good. No down side for me completely satisfied.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

OSW is a complete industrial grade servo system, I'd opt for this anyday

8. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

@whitmore
    Ask Trak Racer your question, they certainly have an answer.

9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I have both systems and love them so much that I sometimes have a hard time deciding which to use. :p:D

Each one has it's Pro's and Con's and really, an OSW with SimCommander Support would be ideal imo but, being in OZ means the cost differential can be quite substantial. If the OSW has a significant cost advantage, that's a good way to go. If you want higher steering-torque with more headroom, OSW has the advantage in most configurations.

The AccuForce / SimCommander combo gets points for it's versatility with more games - imo, and SimXperience seems to really stand behind their products. With the right tuning, both systems can produce excellent FFB in most titles but, having the option to use SimCommander-FFB in some cases, can make a difference.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  10. Lochie Brown

Lochie Brown Registered

, sorry to resurect a dead forum but I was just wondering how you went about getting the wheel to work due to the voltage differences between the US and Aus and the power supply being rated for 110v.

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

No issue just plugged it in and all good

bwana likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Always check a products specification page.
    power.png
    A lot of products these days will detect and switch voltage automatically.