Thrustmaster F1 wheel parts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mark Fuller, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has replaced any broken parts for this rim, or has any suggestions where to source parts for it? I am trying to replace the central 6 pin connector that connects the wheel to the base unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

This is the part that I am trying to replace

Attached Files:

3. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

It depends on the country and even the city you are from, whether TM has its service centers there.
    For example, TM does not have service center in my country, so I bought some parts (like shifter buttons) in retail outlets, another (T500 mainboard) via TM web service center.

4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I am in the UK - currently waiting for TM to get back to me

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My recent experience with Thrustmaster showed that roughly a week went by before each response to my emails. When I was putting my wheel back together after having the TM service department work on it...that socket scared me. I was having a little bit of trouble getting things lined up due to the screw that provides the final lockdown of the wheel was extending just a little too far and prevented quickly lining up the socket. That socket, which you showed above, seems to be a rather flimsy piece with far too much room for mis-aligning and bending the socket collar or pins. I would suggest a solid connection similar to the 8 pin/sockets used on PC power supplies. Something that can only be inserted one way and won't be damaged by incorrect connection attempts.

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@davehenrie - Thanks for your advice, would you have any examples of what you are referring to? Thanks

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Can anyone give me a name for this connector?

Attached Files:

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is more like what I was referring to. but that would require TM to re-engineer the entire wheel line. or at least a handy do-it-yourselfer

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@davehenrie - That is the other end of the connector shown above [pic 1], but I don't know what it is called. I have a TM GT wheel with the same connector [as per pic 1], but the cable is about 5mm too short to fit in my F1 wheel. Was wondering if I could get something to extend the cable.

10. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    If you are handy or know someone who is,
    The wires can be extended/lengthen using the same connector.

Ruben