Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Best Roadmap i've ever read :eek: Thanks for your hard work.

Schumi, emha76, bravotangosix and 3 others like this.
  2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Yep, probably the most exiting road map so far! We still need to be patient… looking forward! :)

Shawn likes this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

Waiting, looking forward to all the new goodies & features. The skins & AI names not being finished for the GT3 pack have me on the wait-&-see side when it comes to purchasing the GTE/GTLM pack.

While I'm not interested in KartSim, I will note that the provided screenshots suffer from too narrow of a depth of field, worse than many of the rF2 cameras have used. Will there ever be some user control for depth of field?

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Good roadmap. Like others say I have no intention of insta-buying the DLC knowing the lack of polish/attention to detail in the GT3 pack. Even if the new pack is ok I simply wont by principle until already purchased product lives up to my expectations. I hope S397 reads this because I dont believe Im the only one feeling that way.

5. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Laser-scanned Sebring road surface? RIP steering wheel motors! RIP DD owners wrists! :p

6. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

In a short words... There is DLC and DLC and DLC coming = $$$$

Please... I thank your work but its a big joke that a 6 years old simulator is having paid DLC all the time. KartSim, the Corvette Pack, the new laser scanned track...

Come on... Another 3 DLC coming? Come on man, stop this. You are turning rFactor 2 into iRacing and this must not be iRacing. We already have 2 DLC packs which cost 30€ in total (the game itself costs 30€, so a joke) and now you are going to release 2 or 3 new packs that will cost another 40-50€???

We already have big problems now in some areas, driving like amateurs with a tyre model that doesn't have punctures or has fastest times with very low pressures, bugs, etc...

Honestly... I leave this. I won't keep supporting and defending something that doesn't deserve it

UsedMomo likes this.
  7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

GTE Pack?! LMP3!! Sebring!!!! Oh GOD!!!!!! :D:D
    What goodies we've got coming our way. And performance improvements! Thank you, S397.

mesfigas likes this.
  8. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Project Cars 1 - 29,99 euros
    All DLCs - 52,38

Assetto Corsa - 27,99
    All DLCs - 80,89

RaceRoom - Free
    All DLCs - 148,91

Automobilista - 27,99 (on sale now, 13,99)
    All DLCs - 45

rFactor 2 - 29,99
    All DLCs - 24,71

Add 3 more DLCs, about 30-40 euros, i don't see anything strange here.
    I just miss the season pass, but S397 already answered about that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    DaveS78, Shawn, SlowMike and 11 others like this.
  9. Comante

Comante Registered

After 6 years of free content, it was just time to make some DLC, are you forced to buy it? No, and differently from Iracing, you buy it only once.. in a lifetime, not each year.

Nitrometh, mesfigas, Emery and 2 others like this.
  10. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I'm pretty sure bug fixing and core features will not be DLC dependant so as they get fixed you can experience it with the core content. Nobody is forcing DLC purchase. But at the same time with no income stream there will be no core fixes either.

Personally I prefer the DLC model to a subscription model as I feel I have more choice.

John, Nitrometh, bwana and 5 others like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You can buy all RR content for around $65 I think

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. filippu

filippu Registered

The DLC, we are easily seeing the color of them. The improvements ? Not so much.

It's like the printers. You can buy one for 30 or 35€, but then the ink cartridge is at the same price, so they are making most money with the additional stuff.

UsedMomo likes this.
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

From what do you think S397 should pay the ongoing development, from hot air, love or what?
    We should be happy that they develop further the nearly lost simulation and i am sure they are not getting rich by it. If you buy the game, you know what you will get. DLC are the only way to bring us new content.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

A good roadmap but no ETA for any of the various working front ends which seem to be interfering between them. It is about time something new reahrding the engine is released. Months pass and apparently only DLC content is released. From the initial roadmap only DX11 is available. No UI, no motec, no radio chat, no competition.

The content staff seems to be working at good pace with robust milestones but the engine staff seems to be jumping from one area to another without actually completing any milestone.

UsedMomo, DaREALMastaD and mesfigas like this.
  15. txinas

txinas Registered

Everithing is goog but there are content like gt3 is not finishes(5 month) and we have not notice abaut Vr optimization!!!

Sebri g,Lmp3 ...... all very very nice!!!

16. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

You don't know what's going on behind the Changelog. Not everything is mentioned there. Just the biggest changes.
    And if you dont want to buy the dlc's, then you a free to ignore them.

Pedro Delgado2, bwana and juanchioooo like this.
  17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks again for an interesting taste of your menu(Road Map). When may we expect the grand opening, so we can really munch down on all your proposed delicacies?? The hordes are starved for some tangible fare...

18. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I am not free to ignore them because this is not Counter Strike or Call of Duty DLC, this is simracing, we are only few people, and if you don't own the DLC, you won't be able to participate online in some public servers and some leagues, something that lets you out of the movement and forces you to buy it if you want to drive with others.

And don't forget the official competitions that will use DLC. For example, WFG used GT3 DLC

UsedMomo likes this.
  19. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Bills have to be paid. Nothing is for free. And if you know there will be a further DLC, start saving money for it. S397 deserve a small payment for their work. Get use to it or drive an other sim.

20. TJones

TJones Registered

Great roadmap update really! A lot of interesting things to come. Sebring wow !!:)
    Just hope some long awaitet bug fixes (like AI-rain bug), finally find their way in coming updates.
    Looking to announced GTE/GTLM pack, it would be cool to see some more realistic dashboard tech for those cars.

RoboCAT10 and mesfigas like this.