Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I guess you are all right in different ways, and all would like to see rFactor 2 achieve the undeniable potential that's there.

My huge worry is, the timescale needed to rectify every part of this sim that needs attention with limited resources and manpower.
    If we are not careful, by the time S397 manage to haul this title around, every other title will also have moved on and be pushing the boundaries of the next expected standard.

I think ACC will be a big test not only for rFactor 2, but also every other sim. If it achieves the marketing hype from the initial trailer and features then it will be astonishing.
    If it doesn't, then we may just see rFactor 2 win this tortoise and the hare race yet !

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

my worry too my friend. As much as PC2 could be considered not as "hardcore" whatever that means, it has a lot of rf2 features once boasted as only in rf2. It does a few things better imo, i hope rf2 can once again raise the bar. As it can still cling to physics and ffb as class leading.. and ai of course. But it wont beable to forever.!

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Depends what you expect from a game and when you buy it. I payed 30 bucks when rF2 got on steam and easily got my moneys worth of it. And I am certainly glad that I am still able to use content that hasn't been updated without having to pay for rF3 where my old rF2 content won't work anyway. I am also a person who thinks carefully when investing my money so I rather have fun with something for a very long time than getting milked every five years for stuff that should be in the first game. And that's what I see happening with AC now and it is the reason why I didn't bother to spend more money on some of the remaining DLCs. This nonesense of product lifetime cycles is so deeply forced into peoples brains nowadays, that I am glad that there are still developers like S397 who work with incremental approaches. It is very refreshing :)

On the subject of rF2 getting obsololete with ACC:
    I find it a bit interesting and to some extend even funny when people get panic that a sim could get obsolete a) because it is in development for a long time and b) there has been an anouncement of a new sim that nobody knows anything about despite some nicely formulated buzz words, a vague teaser and some screenshots. If it was so easy to implement stuff as it is implemented in rF2, then please tell me why people still fall back to this sim and why it hasn't been done allready for AC, PCars, RRE AMS or the likes? There must be something that it offers that other devs aren't capable to offer and I am not sure if that'll change all of a sudden because ACC has been anounced.

If anything all this is good for us as it forces developers to get their sh*t together.

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

well that's what I'm saying it has been offered in other sims , mainly pc2 and IRacing, you may laugh, but it has realroad and dynamic weather etc etc.. ok ai isn't as good. Not a lot of people "fall back" to this sim, maybe a few of us on here and a few leagues, but you can hardly call rf2 popular at the minute.. Well have to see what happens after the big UI update etc etc

As much as i don't want to say this i think ACC will be a better polished complete sim than rf2 is, unless rf2 somehow miraculously gets its crap together. With more tracks more licenses offline championships, finishing or completing content etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong i am here to support rf2, but i will say when its not doing something great, mainly for the benefit of the devs if anything else even though it upsets a few on here.
    But ive sorta had enough of these sandbox sims that don't really do anything like GTR2/race07 did. I'm extremely excited for ACC and if you think ac is some sort of simcade title and acc is going to be worth nothing (unless they go like f1 series - i hope not ) , than more fool you.

This is my opinion and i wont get drawn into a acc vs rf2 argument.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin and Louis like this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

I payed at "beta stage" and with free1 year online subscription counting when gold version was released (6 months more or less, they said) because i was only interested in offline championship mode
    in 2015 i bought lifetime acess to online services
    Then s397 bought the game, announce dx11 soon and stuff. I was specting new ui and maybe offline championship in 2017 first quarter.
    2018 and im still waiting the freaking offline championship mode. In the middle time, bought Assetto Corsa and Automobilista but i was already adicted to the *mirror, mirror, mirror.... seat, seat, seat... sound of the devil
    assams.png

vegaguy5555 and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

And you base that statement on what kind of information? I will tell you one thing: sim racing is a niche in itself so I wouldn't expect thousends of players. When you carefully follow things like steam spy or steam charts you will notice that rF2 has a quite stable playerbase:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/365960#All

That chart looks far worse for Project Cars 2 btw.

Anyway, just to give you hint that stuff that looks very bad at first glance isn't all doom and gloom. If ACC will be a more polished title needs to be seen anyway. I just hoped they would give AC a few more patches. :(

7. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

ACC looks good but it has been said officially that it won't support mods. Well... I have epic races with rFactor 2. If rF2 just gives me tire punctures, working temperatures in grip (both things were working in rf1), a good online system, a new interface and some further graphic improvements... then I don't need anything more. Lets see what ACC can do but I think it will have a different focus and I don't really care. Its just 1 more simulator / videogame. If I can buy it and I am interested, then I will do it and If I don't, then I will just not do it. Just enjoy what we have and have nice races in the simulator you go with. You shouldn't think that lot into whats the best simulator... just drive the simulator you enjoy more. Anyway, ACC can have photorealistic graphics, but physics won't be something that makes a difference and not having support for mods, plugins, etc... its just a fail, specially if you are an open-wheel simracer like me.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I eventually got banned from AC forum for asking questions along this line. Stefano says I'm the only person having this problem and then I run across guys like you describing a simular condition with AC.

I see some incredible videos of AC working very well but I could never get it to work that good in my setup. In the past years I have got improvements but it still falls short but then all sims feel less than 100% if I drive them long enough. They are all getting better with more and more detail.
    I think this is the golden age of sims and deserve our support? They seem to influence each other moving the technology forward and I'm having a lot of fun being a part of it.
    Thank you to all sim developers!! My wallet is open to this fun hobby.

LokiD and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

:rolleyes:
    You really should stop spreading misinformation about your ban on every simracing forum you can find.
    I was there and I can recall your post history over there very well, dear Sir!

10. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Registered

But, honestly, this ban was a bit out of an emotional feeling. He did not deserved that big hammer. He had a problem - which he solved. Point. Move on, Sir.

Anyway, take it easy and have fun...

Greets
    Jo

vegaguy5555, Guimengo and Louis like this.
  11. Emery

Emery Registered

Kunos has a short timeline for ACC, even Lord Kunos has said so, so they are limiting what they develop. They've already said they're not coding to facilitate modding and likely won't code to make generic modules that can be reused. This project smacks of a proof of concept for using UE4 rather than developing something to base future projects on... I could be wrong since the Early Access release is still months away, but we know AC wasn't developed in a manner to base future projects on or else they wouldn't be throwing away so much code.

vegaguy5555 and Guimengo like this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i was expecting to see a better AC on physics department but it is not gonna happened

Guimengo likes this.
  13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

You're right. I also got banned for unintentionally linking Stefano's name to a thread that had earlier poor comments about rF2 that should have been deleted and dealt with by Kunos, which I had apologized for here and in RD.

What else did I miss? Or are you suggesting the OP is spreading misinformation?
    And besides, I thought bans were reserved for people belittling, pestering, posting childish photos, calling other forum members names and stocking someone in other forums, which I have never done to anyone in AC or anywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Guimengo likes this.
  14. Louis

Louis Registered

Stocking people is an unforgivable attitude :D

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Sorry for loosing it a little.
    The bottom line is I love driving sims and will continue supporting them. They all have something the other doesn't.
    Best wishes to all sims. They're my new rock stars of my old age!

Ernie likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

You should read the announcement again, carefully. ;)

Fernando Deutsch, Filip and Mibrandt like this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I think Kunos learnt a lot from AC1 so I'm really looking forward to this new project. Stefano and the guys may moan and complain and even ban you but in the end they do listen and end up with a better product.

This last DLC felt a lot better with detail and over all weight in the wheel. Is this what we can look forward to more of in ACC?

18. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

Have you guys watched the new interview from AC?
    I was hoping the expension dreams with new series licenses they talked about would include F1.
    They say no intentions at all to try to grab the F1 license to make a game in the style of AC.
    Because for them a F1 game cant be a sim and sell enough.
    So from a F1 fan... ACC and Kunos can burn in hell. :D

Now I dream of SMS grabbing F1.

19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Why? They're absolutely right! People won't ever understand or complaint a LOT if an F1 title was released as a "simulation". Unfortunately most people in the world are dumb, and majority of people that play that kind of "official game" are kids, so they will say that the GAME is broken...

Smart move from Kunos, one more time...

qusimano, Fernando Deutsch and Louis like this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

I´m a f1 fan too but he has a valid point. But not only F1. Any series with official stamp have this risk. Non paid mods made by passionate/skilled modders and fans are the best mods

Rui Santos likes this.