[REL] rf2TVPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Jan 6, 2018.

1. jump

jump Registered

Hi ;-)

I have on same LAN 3 PCs:
    PC (A) with RF2 dedicated server only
    PC (B) with RF2 (used to enter in spectator mode) for broadcast
    PC (C) with RF2 used to race join server (A) for muliplayer

How to install/configure this plugin to control camera view of PC (B) from PC (A) ?

2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

You would operate your spectator. So install Dll on PC(B) bin64/plugins. The client exe if possible on same PC, however it should be able to find that PC B by local network also. Depends where you operate yourself. If you race, you probably won´t be able to operate any TV stuff??? In our races someone is doing moderation without participating the race. Those guys do a great job btw !!! ( https://www.youtube.com/user/Virtualracing/videos?disable_polymer=1 )
    In case you can not connect from A to B with the client.exe because of Internet connection which would require sockets, you must use a remote control tool like ultra vnc, windows remote desktop, teamview, so you can operate PC B from A by remote control

BR

3. SergioAzevedo88

SergioAzevedo88 Registered

Hello everyone,
    i need your help/opinion. I want to broadcast my own races with 2nd Pc and TV Broadcast (in spectator mode).
    Probably in the same LAN, but if possible independent from the "racing" PC (to avoid any stuttering or anything like that), and connected directly and receiving all the info from server.
    But with DX11, it became impossible to have the old overlay working.
    Does anyone has any TV Overlay (even a very simple one, with TV Tower and one or another little thing)?
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

maybe also a file write conflict due to user rights. Can this program access and write into the CommonApplicationData Folder?
    Can you start the client.exe with Administrator rights, does it still happen (rightclick on exe -> properties -> compatibillity -> run this program as an admin) ?
    BR

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

i changed to font of the overlay tower, much better to read now imo. Current driver is highlighted

6. RoWo

RoWo Member

Can you upload a pic of the tower overlay? Thanks! :)

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

here you go. used 50% shrink and jpg, still numbers can be read. Its Trebuchet MS. Numbers are monospaced too, fits better

Attached Files:

8. Heath J

Heath J Registered

Great start and thank you for your hard work. We need something that works with DX11 as our hand will be forced on switching from DX9 soon. Here is what I would love to see, if you are open to feedback... :)

1) Make the driver name field a bit larger or the font size smaller. Long names are covered by column 3. OR.... can you allow us to adjust those things?
    2) Can you (we) get a driver info window (widget)? And a scroll bar? (see my latest race broadcasts on YouTube to see what I am talking about)
    3) I'd love to see the rear view camera programmed. I have never figured out how to do custom cams or assign the other cam views to the custom slots in console. All customs are set to the default.

Ok! Again... thank you for your hard work! I broadcast a lot of races and I have been eagerly awaiting something that works with DX11. You da' man!

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hi
    thx first of all, also for feedback
    1) yeah, dialog resize does not change anything, lazy me. I have not choosen a gui that is doing everything on its own. Maybe a multiframe would have been a better choice. Currently the limited time I can spend I want to invest into a bit more functionallity
    2) I´m thinking about offering a software interface to the client exe, so everybody could make his own overlays. This would take away a lot of work from me and allows many different overlays and styles.
    But sooner or later rendering will be done "ingame" hopefully, so I will not invest much time anymore here for the moment, sry.. . Overlay was never planned anyway as there is allready some beta stuff running ()
    btw: what is in the banner that is not shown in the tower?

3) Afaik this is not completed in the plugin interface from rf2 side, so I can not set it. I´d also was thinking about a bird or heli camera, but it is not possible. With open tracks or car mod, you can theoretically unpack, add a camera and compile again as package (No idea about copyright, but if you use only in your league without further distribution, or better get allowance) - but with closed mods it is not possible .
    btw: The only bird view for incidient analysis we can realize is afaik to use the swingman camera, key commands to tilt, roatate and zoom, and move it vertical up and zoom out (It is the "Follow" camera in my tool).

10. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Stefan, thanks for your tool, it works very fine.
    I have one question.. In CustomPluginVariables.json is row, which allow to configurate the treshold for detection of offtrack situations ("Offtrack_Threshold"). My impression is, the value is in meters and does not accept any decimal numbers, correct me if I´m wrong. If I write 0.40 for example, it works exactly the same way as I would write 0. It´s result of my tests. But difference between 1m and 0m is too big for tuning of really accurate detecting depending on various width of various cars (mods). It´s quite pity, because when it should be possible to tune it more accurate, your plugin could have a second use, like an ideal tool for track marshals and their oversteps control during the race. With possibility of immediately returning and checking the detecting situations it seems to be very elegant and simple solution. Is there any chance to change something in your program which should allow more accurate tuning of this value for customers? Or my idea is completely foolish and out of reality? :) Feel free to say me...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The plugin interface of rf2 says that the track border is tracked only with minor precision that way:
    "lateral position with respect to *very approximate* "center" path"

For this reason, to avoid plenty of wrong fired events because drivers like to leave track, I set the default to (imo) conservative 4m. Note that this is probably relative to car center!!. If you narrow it to 0.x meters, going with the rule 2 tires on track,, the car center may be off and it is OK. Imo it would be a nuisance for a moderator to see plenty of events for offtrack, looking at it just to find out someone cutted right on the edge, or if allowed they cut some chicanes regullary 4 wheels off ! And you do not know how the track behaves near pit entry/exit, joins, whatever. So better let one go than too many wrong alerts.
    Hope that answered your question.
    BR
    Stefan

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I uploaed v0.6 with a little driver focus overlay (still in limited design..), showing sector timings. tower has also a bit more game phase info.
    driver list in client shows some colour codes during race indicating "close" situations

13. Heath J

Heath J Registered

Lookin' good! :) I will do more testing!

Attached Files:

14. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Hello, i tried the plugin and i really like it, but i'm struggling with a issue:

How to avoid to go at 20 fps when i click on the UI? I mean, when the plugin's interface becomes the active window (e.g. change driver or camera), rF2 loses the "focus" and it doesn't run smooth anymore. I'm aware of this issue since years, just wondering how to avoid it when using this plugin.

15. RoWo

RoWo Member

There are 2 lines in the player.json.
    1st is "Pause If Focus Lost":false,
    2nd one is "Active Sleep Time":-1,

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Really thanks Sir :)

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

guys, I´m sry to say there is an issue that may cause a crash: When the plugin is connected when you join, and joining takes long time because skins are loaded, the code may get all drivers from rf2 in time. That can cause a crash. I´m into it .
    BR

Edit: v0.6a should fix it, together with another non critical bug. Also some other minor development happened.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    McFlex likes this.
  18. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Stefan, thanks for your answer. But still I don´t understand the role of track corridors in the detection. It´s better to say I don´t understand how it works inside of your software, but I´m pretty sure it works depending of track corridors (which are defined in .aiw file). When I set the value of Offtrack_Treshold variable to 0, the cut event is detected exactly at the moment when the point at center of cars (between front wheels) cross the edge of track corridor. When I set this value to 1 the same effect occurs one meter outside this edge and so on. It seems very clearly, that the value of the variable is not apply to the center of track but just to the edge of corridor. So in my opinion only two steps are needed to do for using this plugin as perfect cut detector. The first is set track corridors as I need (in DevMode) and the second is set value of Offtrack_Treshold to half width of car. But the second step is not possible to make accurate, because this variable is evidently integer type and it´s not able to accept decimals.

19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Is it really that exact? Amazing. Well I never tested for exactness.Also the interface does not deliver car dimension for automation, outer wheel to wheel.

The custom variable interface allows only for integer type. I would need to switch to mm and make an input for car size and other, hmmm.

Actually this is something RF2 should do internally. They know the track, they know the car. Let them do an option switch for Qualification to count the lap or not in case of offtrack, maybe by different rules

20. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

It would be lovely, if you will add possibility of input more precise variable and car size in future:) Then more work would be required only with setting of corridors for league admins.
    And I know that rFactor is able to detect oversteps automatically and it has system of customisable variables (in .gdb) on the base of which the game gives penalties. But it´s automatical system with all disadvantages which are usual in all non human systems. The machine will not know if the overstep is due to unfair driving, collision, in a duel on the track, due to lag and so on. So for this reason I prefer simple software which only provides information, allows quick back viewing of the event and leaves the decision to live track marshals and admins.