Brake bias help

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Scoopscat7, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I have a mod that I use quite often that the original modder has made quite clear that he does not support any further and will not give permission for it to be publically modded. I have no issues with this at all.

There is a race series I would like to recreate offline that allows for this particular car to have brake bias adjustment so I would like to recreate this for my own personal use.

I have looked at all the in game settings and edited player.json and rfm files to allow brake bias to be changed and the mod doesn’t appear to be setup to allow it.

Having done some googling I think I’m looking at editing the cars hdv file but I’m struggling to see what I need to do.

Any help would be appreciated unless it’s a major job and needs more than a few lines editing and repackaging as it will be outside my skill set.

2. toebee

toebee Registered

Probably looking for "OnboardBrakeBias=0 // whether brake bias is allowed onboard" in the HDV under the "CONTROLS" section. If you check out the skip barber car files in devmode it has most of everything commented.

3. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Thanks that was what I was missing.

Good tip about the skip barber I’ll check it out