Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

You may be right, ever since the GT3 Pack came out I haven't much used any other mod. I am sure Studio 397 will eventually adjust the volume, I'd hate it if it got reduce too much though. Cheers.

2. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

As I replied above, I may have missed the issue since I've been using the GT3 Pack almost exclusively. Cheers.

3. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Please fix downshifting with the downshift protection of GT3 cars.
    Please add to the steering wheel the 10-12 modes of traction control and 10-12 modes of anti-lock brakes as GT3 manufacturers.

Play GT3 Power Pack and be unable to manage this electronic aids for the different grip situations, or downshifting as F1 cars is really dissapointing.

Mibrandt, gabrielof, txinas and 2 others like this.
  4. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Playing with this DLC HT3 pack a lot lately. I normaly race against the ai. Donloades the skinpack en adjusted the ai setting and driver names (virtual rides). Adjusted the skilllevels etc and i notices something. Set speedlevels foor top merc, corvette, mclaren, entley and radical drivers all the same (speed 90, aggression 60), minimum level 80 and on some tracks like le mans 91, the merc riders all hit the curbs and crash at the chicane before start finish. On Croft they spinn out because they hit the grass all at the same corner and crash. It's only the mercs with this behaviour. If it was because of a wrong aiw file all cars would do this right? So, what's different with the mercs? Am i doing something wrong? Aggression on 50%, strenght at 100% at setting for the race.

5. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Hi guys.
    because mod gt3 is encrypted and therefore I can not export the 3ds model from the cars, could not you attach a 3ds model to the template for the 3D sketch in the editor?

My skins are difficult to place graphics through pennies, so I prefer 3D work in the photoshop.

[​IMG] https://photos.app.goo.gl/2rTauyNE8x6Je2G22

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Not a very good idea to stamp your email in a public forum unless you want your inbox full of crap.

7. Dudo

Dudo Registered

OK thanks.

8. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

Hello ladies/guys.
    I have a question to the Balance of Performance about the GP3 Pack.
    Who knows the difference between the cars? I assume it is not only the horsepower.
    The mean reason why I am asking is, because I have seen that a lot of people prefer the Corvette.
    In our league we can see mainly Corvettes and this not very nice to see acc. to me.
    BR

9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

It would be great, if we could have a flashlight function and/or separate on and of switchable fog/endurance lights.
    Great Pack by the way. Can't wait for the skin pack.

10. Depco

Depco Registered

Our experience has been a good mix of all cars (except the Radical) being used in our current series. Using the URD EGT Mod we saw mostly vettes being used. I think initially people were tending toward the vette due to their popularity coming from URD series, but after trying each everyone found different. As suited them better. No one manufacturer is running away from anyone else in points either.

11. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I 100% agree with this. It is the reason why I haven't started any painting on these cars.

12. pkelly

pkelly Registered

In anticipation of all these newly painted skins, I'd really appreciate someone indicating the process of installing said skins. It really has me baffled how complicated this seems. Merci beaucoup.

13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Have to ask! I really don't usually do this but it's getting a bit long in the tooth guy's.

When is this pack getting updated? I mean really! The few issues could have been fix in half a hour and repacked as a update. It's been months.
    We really don't need or want all those WTF McLaren skins. Delete them.
    That bad Merc that glows in the dark, Delete it!
    Fix the Merc's veh ini from test to GT3 so it joins the series races. Not that crap one.
    Add the skins from the competition.

It's not hard and doesn't take months to fix.

As for painting, (Above) Just fix the bloody showroom. That's not hard either or make a simpler one for viewing your paint work in.
    This is all miner stuff but makes a difference to how people view rF2 overall. 3'dpart teams fix this stuff within days of feedback.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    SPASKIS, Lgel and Mibrandt like this.
  14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\ALL CARS you have created a virtual driver or add-on livery for.
    It's not hard! Some aspects are annoying I grant you but it's not brain surgery.
    You can;
    Add a livery to a existing team.
    Create a new team (Driver).
    Add a second livery to your new driver.
    Add a sister car by using the same Team name. (Different driver name)
    Set up talent ini for that driver if you want to.

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Have to say this is a heap off crap.
    The only reason for the "need" for this is to help correct "Bad" mapping.
    I admit none off these GT3 pack cars are fault free but their not so bad that you "Need" the 3D models for 3DMax or comparative.

This is only one example of using the games own showroom. I have so many more.
    upload_2018-3-18_10-16-37.png
    upload_2018-3-18_10-44-41.png
    upload_2018-3-18_10-17-30.png
    upload_2018-3-18_10-18-2.png
    All line ups and setting gradients are done saving and reload in the games showroom.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    davehenrie likes this.
  16. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    davehenrie likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

SCHWING!!!! Both of youse guys are amazing! Keep painting!!!

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

We recently had a 75min race. The leader drove an AMG. He was able to lap at the end (no tire change) with S8M Meds as fast as in lap5,or still +1sec approx as the fastest 2nd lap (finishing with ~53% tire wear). Same tendency for someone else who was leading 20laps until disonnect, driving a C7 (they were close together all time until the disco). Ok, they started with 100% fuel and finished with almost 0, ~75kg difference in weight. But 1sec time loss after 5 laps (what is ok) and then continously same lap times, in Silverstone GT???
    Nr. 5 driver could drive a final last lap again with only +1.5sec diff to his 2nd best lap. His front left had 25% left only at this point...
    Nr. 4 driver could do a full 75min stint even with soft on the rears in a Bently, again +1Sec only at the end, finishing the softs with 50%

Do you think all this makes sense?

I was driving a radical, I´m loosing 2 sec. to my first laps after 5 laps or so. The whole car becomes instable. No way to go 75min with +1sec loss only. Anotherone, faster than me, around pos5 in the race for long time, started too sliding around with the tail until he crashed while the other cars drove like on rails their laps without any more time loss.
    And strangley, the tires in the radical are listed as "S8M (Medium)" while all other cars the meds are listed "S8M" only. So there is a difference, right? And not only size, there seems to be a dramatic difference in wear to grip characteristics. Pls. check (again) what is different from the radical to the others.
    Thx
    Best regards
    Stefan

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Different driving styles and having a setup to suit your style can have a significant effect.
    Tracks play a big impact on tyre wear.
    We do a 20 minute, then a 40 minute race each round for our series.
    A lot of times I've finished the 40 minute race with my fastest race lap done on the last few laps with 75% tread left on the softs in the Mclaren.

Edit, if I remember or feel up to it, I'll have a look through the r2LA records of the series and see what I find.

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Had the same effect with the radical and S8 two days ago: laptimes at end of race where the same as at the beginning for me.
    No other wear than the other cars....