Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the Launcher, if a track, car, HUD etc has a * next to the name it has been installed from the Steam Workshop and can only be uninstalled, as you found out, by unsubscribing.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Not necessarily, if you have a non steam track installed and is linked to a vmod it will also have an asterisk, but like you said 99.99% of the time the asterisk will mean it's a workshop item.

Filip likes this.
  3. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

I found a misspell or bug in the Radical SR3-RSX description when launcher download it. attached picture

Radical description bug.JPG

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Radical SR3-RSX are now fun against the AI, had a couple of thrilling short races with them, the connection with the road was great through the tires/FFB (as I recall from hot lapping in a previous version long ago). Looking forward to more racing with them soon.

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Marc you have a t300 gte don't you? Do you get a rumble/vibration with anything below 4 smoothing. Say going down pitlane at the speed limit and keep wheel in straight line?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have Smoothing on 0 as you should have with this wheel, the FFB is fine at low speeds, feels a bit different than others but nothing game breaking.just a grainy feeling as I've mentioned in previous threads elsewhere.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I was told by Chris E that 4 was the recommended filter to have on our wheels.. what min force do you have?

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I mostly agree with this. Part of the "noise" is caused by simulation itself so some smoothing should provide a even more realistic result.

However, I understand that the smoothing introduced is uniform which flattens as well real peaks and valleys for high frequency vibrations.

I would recommend to apply the smoothing technics used in real signal processing.

For non realtime applications I use Savitzky-Golay filtering which provides great results and is very suitable when you have to calculate the derivative of the noise affected signal. Its use is as simple as using a predefined weighed coefficients where center value has the biggest absolute value.

However, I am not very sure how to use it real time applications where you don't have the values of the "future FFB values".

My instinct tells me to use the same weighed coefficients as if I had the full signal but I would need to check the maths behind that to ensure it is the right approach.

LokiD likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was told and have used Wheelcheck for myself that 0 is best, my preference is 0. Think Thrustmaster Force is 60%-65% not at main rig so can't check.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

what min force do you use in rf2 please? this would have massive bearing on centre force vibration and rumble. You may not be using any.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

LokiD likes this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

cmon marc you should know these numbers off by heart if you were any kind of simracer ? hehe :)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@Marcel Offermans is it possible to configure the AI in such a way that the opponents will maximize their setup options during qualifying sessions? For example, tire choice and fuel level. That would be neat.

hitm4k3r and jayarrbee36 like this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

GRAB_000.JPG

There is only one windshield wiper arm, but the glass reflects the work of two windshield wipers

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  15. bears

bears Registered

Has anyone noticed the latest update for clio cup cars do not load in showroom appears to be missing a wiper.ami file or something like that any chance of a quick fix @studio397

Fremen78 likes this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

also noticed last nite, the civic in the dark dont have rear lights on - even when you see the front lights. Only when they brake the rears illuminate.

17. Omelete

Omelete Registered

i hope s397 following made this great work

18. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I created a mod package myself that contained all S397 content, including the old version of the Radical. Why I removed that mod package, the 2.0 version installed fine. Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

19. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Updates:
    EVE v2.00
    - Improved wet tires, grip drop off under wet conditions should now be more linear.
    - Added paint templates.
    Spark v2.00
    - Improved wet tires, grip drop off under wet conditions should now be more linear.
    - Added paint templates.

20. boxer

boxer Registered

disappointing that the graphic errors on the eve F3 where ignored.:(

peterchen, Guimengo and UsedMomo like this.