How to configure second qualifying

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by doberk, Feb 18, 2018.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

How can I configure a second and third qualifying? I usually configure practice 2 as qualifying 1, practice 3 as qualifying 2 and standard qualifying as qualifying 3. For this I set up practice sessions in gdb and active them in plr file, and works fine.

However, I know that rfactor2 supports multiple qualifying and is possible to configure how many cars pass to next qualifying session. How can I configure this. I suppose it can be configured as I do with practices, but I am not sure how.

Thanks.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

3. doberk

doberk Registered

I hoped there was a native way in rfactor2, not by external plugins. It's not possible?

Really I don't need a knockout system, drivers know the rules and stay in box if they don't pass to next Q. My actually way using practice session as Q1 y Q2 works fine, except many times that grid positions are wrong and I have to edit manually after Q3. These times only drivers who partipated in Q3 (the real qualifying session) have their correct positions in grid. So I am searching another way using qualifying session instead of practice sessions.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@doberk Sorry, sometimes i don't understand the People.
    In your opening post you write
    Then i give you a link where exactly that is described.
    Then i get this reply
    If you don't need a knockout System, why do you mention it in your opening post?
    And the plugin is an original ISI plugin, that exactly makes what you want.
    Why should they implement a 2nd System that makes the exactly same things?

I don't want to open a senseless discussion here, so please take my reply as it is.
    But honestly , such reactions on posts of people that try to help, keep me away from trying to help, very often.

McFlex likes this.
  5. doberk

doberk Registered

First of all, I apologize for my english, because it isn´t my native language and maybe many times I don´t explain very good what I want to say.

In the post you have commented, I didn´t understand the plugin was official from ISI, I thought it was a third party plugin, among other things because of the users say it fails when the number of drivers is different than configuration file. Because of this I said is not important for me the knockout system, Obviously if plugin works fine it seems the best method, but if it fails as described I can´t use it, because I can't say in rules that 10 drivers will take part in Q3, and then plugin only permit 8 or 9 drivers.

For this reason I said really I don´t need the knockout system (after know it doesn´t work fine). But I am thinking about it now and maybe I can use that plugin after all, configuring it for 24 drivers in all sessions, so plugin won't exclude any driver.

Anyway, I don't want you waste more of your valuable time. I am very pleased for your help.