[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Maybe not related to the plugin, is it possible to get the actual lap time with an better resolution than 1s?
    (using math and the values in Scoring_1) Would setting 2 or 3 enhance the resolution from 1s?

2. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Yep, Scoring_1 = 2 gives good enough resolution

3. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Should these parameters work?

Activation key = M // Key to press to (de)activate logging; single character (0-9, A-Z) or key code (eg 0x4D)
    Key modifier = 2 // Modifier to be pressed with activation key; specify ONE of: 0=none, 1=Shift, 2=Ctrl, 3=Alt
    Save Setup File = 0 // Save a copy of the current garage setup file with the log; 1=yes, 0=n

Regardless of setting I always get an setup file in log directory and ctrl+m is the only working method for toggle start/stop.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wergilius and SPASKIS like this.
  5. dom94

dom94 Registered

Hi guys, it works with dx11 version?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@dom94 Yes. All plugins that don't draw on screen work.

7. dom94

dom94 Registered

Ok thanks ;)

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've built a new test version 0.763, I think it should be stable but I haven't done much testing myself. Would appreciate it if people can try it and report back.

<outdated>

Fixes:
    • Activation key settings should work correctly now
    • Save setup option should also work (ie you can turn it off)
    • I've reworked the base activation stuff (what events - and combinations/sequences of events - the plugin reacts to) to try and make driver swaps work properly. I don't do driver swaps so I can't test this at all. I did try a few single player runs to check that it works as normal there, I'm hoping online doesn't cause it any issues.
    There was a report earlier in this thread that the 0.762 version was getting laptimes wrong, I couldn't see any issues from my testing just now but please let me know if anything seems off. I wouldn't be as surprised if driver-swap related laptimes were somehow out, though hopefully not.

The intention is that when driving offline (or an AI-enabled online server) the plugin will start logging when you jump in the car (or when you activate logging), and will continue logging if you switch to AI control. Separate logs will be created for each time you jump in the car, or obviously if you turn logging on and off with the activation keys.

In driver swap situations, either yielding control or joining a server and taking control, hopefully the plugin will recognise that's happening and correctly choose when to start and stop logging. It should build the just recorded log when you yield control in either situation, bear in mind this could really drop the framerate. You could adjust the duty log cycles parameter down to remedy this, though only quite long stints or high data rates should make this process last more than a couple of seconds. So I'm hoping it will create a new log file for each actual stint done in a driver swap scenario.

Continuing to allow AI logging is perhaps making this a little more complicated than it could be, but I think that's the best option overall.

This version of the handler will uninstall any previous version and install this one; an older version of the handler (like 0.760) won't be able to uninstall this newer version, so to downgrade you need to uninstall with this version and then install with the old version. Sorry if that's confusing, but it avoids one version making a mess of another.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Dhurara, lagg, Wergilius and 3 others like this.
  9. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I get this virus/trojan warning when I try to download the file

upload_2018-2-17_14-10-34.png

A quick google says it could be related to an ArangoDB installer and it is faulty detected as an malware?
    And should be fixed as more people download the file.

The file should be consider safe I assume?

10. ceecee

ceecee Registered

11. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I'm using standard Windows Defender, I think I got this warning on the previous download as well.
    I do concider this download to be safe, so just an heads up for anyone getting the same warning

12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Then I would suggest running a scan with either of these programs, both can be used to scan for free.
    Malwarebytes AdAware will check and clean your browser. (which you used for the download).

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't use any sort of installer software (the installation/handler is my own AutoIT script, hence the oh-so-professional look :p) but its nature could lead to false positives in a similar way - anything that unpacks files can potentially be seen as malicious. As you say being a fresh unrecognised exe file can help to cause this, if the file is automatically uploaded for checking it should soon enough be marked as safe assuming the relatively small distribution of this particular file is sufficient.

My antivirus and antimalware programs haven't picked up anything my side, so I think it should be safe. Of course you can never be completely sure :eek:

Wergilius likes this.
  14. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

@Lazza Some months ago you said that you'll try to enable some of your old channels. Do you still work on this?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think I said that a couple of years ago :D

Any particular ones you're missing? I've got nearly everything in there now.

16. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

The truth is i enable all of the Extra Channels and i see that you're right. I don't know your old channels and i don't know if rFactor 2 gives the damper positions. Cause i use the Damper Vel for a histogram and it's calculated based on the Susp Pos and not the Damper...

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@KostasGR No, rFactor 2 only gives Susp Pos. But it's not a problem - i2Pro knows to calculate damper vel from susp pos. If you want to be precise about it you can configure the front and rear motion ratio (in i2Pro press C to bring up the channel list, right-click any of the Damper Vel channels, and Edit Maths).

The sample log file that used to come with i2Pro did the same thing, by the way.

18. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Where do I find the motion ratio of the front/rear suspension, is it possible to get it from the car files?
    It's easy to calculate if suspension geometry and dimension is known but I suspect that is not available in detail.

19. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is Grip Fract a replacement for Slide-PCT ?

20. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Member

Great plugin - any ideas how to get a .ldtemp file to be read by motec. I lost connection after about 90 mins of rain testing and have a chunky 9mb file but motec will not recognise it - presume its due to the disconnect and not being closed properly