Hotlap Competition prizes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mulero, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hello, I have seen that the prizes have been awarded only to the fastest time when in the thread of the competition it says that there would be prizes for the fastest times. This is the text in the thread:

"The fastest times for this session will win a pack of their choice And of course bragging rights!"

Can we expect the prize that we deservedly earned?

2. Domino Duhan

Domino Duhan Member

Yes this should be the fastest time from each session :)

3. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Ok, I should .. but it's not what it puts in the thread. In the thread it says that the fastest laps would have a prize so the goal was the top three. In case of having put only the fastest lap would have a prize, at least I would have tried to beat the fastest lap since I still had to drop some tenths.

I hope they keep their word (even if it was a mistake) and those who get the fastest times also get our prizes.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Puzzled.....trying to of get something for nothing based on a typo... really....if we use your analogy everyone who is on the leaderboard gets a prize...everyone who competed is one of the fastest times, irrespective of whether it's the best time or 100th best time.

Sebastien Sestacq and McFlex like this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It was not him who wrote the contest bases. You also grant for sure it is a typo. It was actually an incomplete and confusing statement which didn't specify how many would get the prize.

I hope next competitions are done with more care to details. We didn't even see the videos of the winning laps despite track cutting possibilities were claimed.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Where were these questions at the start of the competition? Bit late now.

7. RoWo

RoWo Member

Somebody takes it too serious.

McFlex and marmagas like this.
  8. Comante

Comante Registered

Since when plural mean three? Maybe it was plural because it was referred to each hotlap competition.
    If you eagerly wanted the prize, you should have cut those few tenths. ;)
    Did you really spent your time on the competition ONLY to win a free content?

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You should at least get informed if you are going to post which you clearly didn't.

- In each of the competition threads it is stated the same sentence: the fastest times of each session.

-
    Mulero qualified second so he would apply for the prize for any number of winners different from one.

I agree he could have asked for clarification before the competition ended. However, we are all mature enough to assume our own responsibilities. S397 made the error, not Mulero.

10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

even with google translation I had very well understood that it was the first in the ranking that would win the contest ... ...it's obvious

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Screenshot_20180215-152652~2.png
    Everything in plural in the google translation. Nobody should understand that only the fastest time applies for the prize.

The plural of "this session" is "these sessions" and the singular of the "fastest times... will win a pack of their election" is "the fastest time... will win a pack of his (/her) election". The typo theory does not apply here.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  12. Sebastien Sestacq

please stop the bad faith...deduction? intelligence? insight? habit of competitions?
    soon we will have to call on lawyers for anything with people like you...:rolleyes:
    a little common sense please!!

MarcG and jayarrbee36 like this.
  13. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

whenever i open rf2 forum i see SPASKIS reply to almost every post here..it become boring and tiring..
    you dont care if your info is legit or not,just to write something.i think you should get informed before posting on forum or at least write about stuff you know..track modding..
    i see people register few months ago have 10x more messages then someone register few years here(not you SPASKIS) :)
    forum become junk,hard to find useful info.people only complaining about something,i wonder if those guys even drive rf2!?

Mulero grats for your second place ;) shame you didnt try harder
    but..
    my native language is not english,like you can see :)
    and i understood that the times was for both sessions.one best time for radical & one for megane,so i dont think s397 made error..
    there will be more competitions i think,so you can try again ;)
    GL :)

14. filippu

filippu Registered

And if some people could stop with the S397 does everything right even when they don't, it would be nice also.
    It's clearly plural, "fastest times", which means at least two, so the second would be clearly included. No need for google translate, it's basic English.
    In that case, S397 should make first and second winners, and correct their mistake for the next competition, it's not difficult.

SPASKIS likes this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You have the ignore option. Sorry to be so boring. I reserve my opinion about you.

16. Sebastien Sestacq

"fastest times" comptetition 1 & 2, two timeS, two chronoS, two winnerS

PS: @S397 hire a lawyer that's not kidding here :D

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Common sense would suggest that the OP should have received an official reply and that nobody else should have written in the post. However, some decide to get the staff role and reply to the OP defending what IMO is undefendable and was not correct. I understand that OP has the same right to get defended by people with similar opinion and not massacred like if he was inventing things.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And two different and unconnected threads announcing each competition. Read each of them. You could have perfectly missed one of them. I myself got initially confused when they were both announced at the same time until I realized it was two competitions and bot one.

19. Sebastien Sestacq

sterile discussion without "common sense" o_O

20. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I do not think this discussion goes with you guys. Thank you for your opinion but I think it must be someone from S397 who responds to this. @Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans

For me the rules of the competition were clear, the fastest times of each session would receive a pack of their choice. I got the second best time so I expect my reward for it. If it was a mistake on your part, I'm sorry, as a child I was taught that everyone should take responsibility for their mistakes.

In case of doubt I would have asked, just like I did with the limits of the track. For me it does not deserve or discussion this topic, what it puts in the post is clear even in English. I do not understand how someone can misinterpret something as simple as this.

"The fastest times for this session will win a pack of their choice And of course bragging rights!"

Actually, I was motivated more by what he said ... "And of course bragging rights!" How long have you stayed from my time? 3 sec? 4 sec? Or maybe it was 5 sec. ??? Although not for that reason I'm going to stop claiming what I think I've won justly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.