Driver swap failure, VEC D1

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Martin Dyrlund, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Here is a trace file for a failed driver swap. Running DX11, no plugins, network settings adjusted according to SRC guide. I only have of the car that entered the car, me. The driver who got out of the car did not have trace running.
    This trace file is also posted on SRC forums.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you sure both users had the same carset? There were either some missing helmet files or mis-matched ones.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Nahh, that's not the issue. It simply means that this 'WC' is not being altered/customized

These I find odd though, as they are all part of the MOD-files:

257.29s setup.cpp 3046: Could not find VECC7R_LMGT_SUSP.INI
    257.29s setup.cpp 3046: Could not find VECC7R_LMGT_ENGINE.INI
    257.29s vehload.cpp 1462: Could not find engine file "VECC7R_LMGT_ENGINE"
    257.29s setup.cpp 3046: Could not find EGT5_HEWLAND_GEARS.INI
    257.29s setup.cpp 3046: Could not find VECC7R_LMGT_DAMAGE.INI

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you explain what happened? You didn't really give any info.

5. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

I have written everything to Marcel... Here is some of it:
    Hi Marcel. Dyrlund here, with the driver swap issues. Alen told me you need a more clearer description of what we press. I join the server around 5 minutes before the driver swap. Immediatly when i join the server we make a "Name check", where I press "Passenger Select", then Kasper confirms he sees my name, and then I press "Passenger Select" again to get out of the car. On the in lap I press "Passenger Select" again and Kasper goes into the MFD Pit Menu and select my name, and also confirms he sees my name in the Pit Menu. In the pits we both see the countdown go down. When the time runs out the chat window on my computer says "Martin Dyrlund have left the vehicle..." but i have full control of the car and drives out of the pits. Meanwhile on Kaspers computer the car jumps into the pits, and his rF2 crashes. He did not get the chance to press "Passenger Select" to get out of the car. Also we did driver swap testing between all of the drivers a couple of days ago, without any issues... My honest opinion is it was because the broadcast had much focus on our car, #60 GT in D1, and that messed it up. We know that if spectators join the server and click on several names ingame can cause problems. Also our "Driver Swap" procedure is made together with Tomas Beha and we never had these issues before. Me and Kasper run DX11, no plugins, and all network settings have been adjusted according to guide on SRC forum. I hope this explains, otherwise ask what you want to know.