Virtual Race Car Engineer - FREE for October

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race2Play, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

The Virtual Race Car Engineer is an innovative program for easing the guesswork and uncertainty out of your race car setup development process. You enter the car settings and results from a test run, and the Virtual Race Car Engineer determines comprehensive setup options and changes to improve handling and response.

Report a handling impression of understeer or oversteer, and the recommendations address those conditions directly. Report no handling impression, and the program makes advice based on what the car is saying from its tire data. The algorithms were developed in collaboration with car chiefs and engineers of 20+ years practical experience, and take into account details as specific as underused or overused tires, suboptimal settings, the interaction of different chassis changes, front- or rear-wheel drive car, and even weather conditions.

Not only will you go faster in the garage and faster on the track now, but ultimately become a master of "Setup Fu".

With each run on the Virtual Race Car Engineer software you describe a condition specific to your own lap settings and results, and receive the recommendations and explanations to address those very experiences. Over time and use you will come to understand the subtle effects of chassis changes as they've related to your own needs and use, and with that knowledge become the master.

Trial if FREE for October
    And while you're picking it up, please vote "Yes" to have the Virtual Race Car Engineer green-lighted on Steam.

2. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

I won't get it from steam, and you have to log in to download it. Pass.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

So; Setup Fu with its name changed?

4. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

This is an updated version of SetupFu, yes. If you are currently using SetupFu, it will prompt you to update the next time you launch the program and is 100% free to those who have purchased SetupFu in the past.

We wanted to offer those that have not tried the program a chance to try if, for free. Thousands already use SetupFu/VRCE every day, and we are pleased to provide a way for thousands more to trial this unique software at no risk or cost to the end-user.

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I'm not complaining. I have Setup Fu and have used it a lot, just not recently. I only asked for the sake of clarity.

What's changed since the last setup Fu build or is it just rebranding?

For what its worth I genuinely feel setup Fu allowed me to better understand what setup changes do to effect the handling of a race car. Hence me not using it as much these days.

6. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

That is good to hear Rich.

Changelog.txt in the program folder will detail all changes from version to version.

7. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

Still a few days left to trial the full program for free.

8. ericRacer

ericRacer Registered

hi i am not able to re-activate my software , my key doesn't works.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ericRacer You've replied to a 3+ year old thread, created by someone who hasn't been on this forum since 2015. I think you should ask for help directly, not via this forum.

10. ericRacer

ericRacer Registered

ya, i saw this too late and i looked for their website after this but it doesn't exist any more. but thanks for the advice.