Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Official practise in 20mins.....lets go

2. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

Sorry gents. Fell off a couple of turns in again. Tried to keep it to the barrier, I hope I didn't spoil anyone's fun.

It's an eleven pm race start time here in the uk and usually by then I'm just too tired. Love this period of racing though and you are a good bunch!

Before I cause a pile up, I will leave it for the evenings when I've had a little sleep.

Thanks again all!

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  3. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Sorry to see you pack it in so early, but I understand. Cheers till next gnar gnar!

Bob Gnarley likes this.
  4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not able to be there this week guys. My apologies but things are very busy right now. Catch ya all for the next one.

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I would have liked to join, but track won't download from server and now it's too late to find it elsewhere. I have a Brands Hatch installed but it's obviously not the right one, and there is no Brands in the steam workshop. See you next weekend.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Lol, only just noticed it was Brands....Good thing I couldn't make it as I was practising at Essington.
    I can't find this version of Brands so far either mate.

7. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Howdy Kids,

Sorry I haven't posted anything in quite a while... I've been having a real bad time with Studio-397.

As you probably noticed, my name is no longer Bryan Birtwell... It's BryanBirtwell.

That might not seem like a big deal to you guys, but it ticks me off to no end... Studio-397 can't seem to even bother
    trying to help retrieve my password... They "say" that I'm being sent a change of password email... but it never shows up. I've tried at least a half dozen times...

It means I can't update any of the old F3 Fanatics! threads that I started way back at the beginning of rFactor2, in 2012.

Anyways... I'd like to thank Tucker for moderating this thread; I had no idea! Thanks Tucker!!!!

Seeing that this thread seems pretty active, I will start posting the download links for the non IsI/397 tracks I run on the F3 Fanatics! server here as well as the forum that the SR4L guys set up for me a few years ago. simracers4life.com

Hope to see a good crowd at the 60s version of Hockenheim https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1s0jbpdx9b2p6u/60sHockenheim.rfcmp this weekend, I'm still running the F2s so it should be an interesting race!

Bryan

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Tucker Fleming and jimagn like this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

G'day Bryan...Sorry I've been away for the last couple...Will start getting back on the server before race day...Glad to have you back here.

9. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Got flipped over the barb wire fence lap 1 Saturday at Spa and couldn't rejoin the track. Sad. Even sadder is I'll miss this Saturday due to work. Have fun and Drive Fast!

10. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

I won't make it either. My hydraulic DIY brake...broke...during my league race Tuesday night. Diving downhill into Moss (Mosport) it suddenly went from brick hard to mush under my foot. Peeked in later with a flashlight and I can see hydraulic fluid blown all around the cylinder well.

Fix one thing and then the weakest spot finally caves in, but I can't complain--it lasted ten years or more without issue until the events of the last few months started piling up (circuit board first, worn pivot bearing and finally this full blown collapse).

Might post a post-mortem pic or two once I get time for repairs. Back sometime again, but not real soon I don't think.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bummer to both the last posts. Stupid work getting in the way..:p and hardware failures are always a PITA..:mad:
    @Tucker..I'll try and wave the Sparky flag mate...:D

12. jimagn

jimagn Registered

The Historic Challenge vehicles have now been updated on Steam Workshop to version 2.0 with improved rain grip modeling. However it looks like the server still has an older version (probably 1.98?) and is forcing that download when I try to join. I don't want both the old and latest version on my installation; so I won't be joining today either.

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yes, they are the 1.98 version...I'll let Bryan know as soon as I catch him.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

They are now updated to the 2.0 version.....Thanks Bryan...

15. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Yup... got them updated and the server re-launched just before the quallie session... Sorry! Wish the server automatically updated. I liked the way IsI did it. Just download the light version and let her rip!

Bryan

16. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Hey guys,

Here's the track we'll be runn'n this weekend!

Before I post it... I got the track by going into rFactor@ via Steam. At the top it says "view", click there and select "servers" and then look for "F3 Fanatics!" and click that a couple times... select "Get Missing Components" and TA-DAH! you'll have the track in no time.

Bryan
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h06peatnzkofj1l/BUENOS_AIRES_1979_095.rfcmp

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I found it in the workshop. Not a prob, couple of minutes and it's downloaded. Looking forward to another fun race....if I can stay out of trouble that is...:rolleyes:

18. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Good luck with the Race Bryan. I'll be working Saturday. But I had fun the other night

20. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Good luck with the Race Bryan. I'll be working Saturday. But I had fun the other night

Sorry to hear you won't be making it and yes, I had fun blasting around Buenos Aires as well.

I probably won't be making the race either... Gotta wedding to attend...

Have fun!

Server is setup for the weekend... Just have to vote...

Bryan