Static shadow issue

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Piertaylor, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Piertaylor

Piertaylor Registered

Hi all,
    I have a problem with the static shadow of my car. Even if I deleted the relative GMTs, I get a static laterally shadow (see attachments).

Also, I'd like to know if the pivot point of tyres, rims, callipers and discs should be set to 0,0,0 or to the center of the object.
    Thank you!

Cheers WhatsApp Image 2018-02-03 at 12.31.31.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-02-03 at 12.34.15.jpeg

2. stonec

stonec Registered

@Piertaylor This is as per the latest release notes, check them below. The latest tech allows both static and dynamic shadows to be automatically generated, so the modder no longer has to add the shadow box manually.

• Added an all new ambient undercar shadow: more stable, reliable, and clearly visible even at night. The shadows can no longer clip through the ground, nor are they visible on the ground below a bridge when a car drives over that bridge. This new tech requires no intervention from content creators. We automatically remove the current undercar art and replace it with the new system. On subsequent updates, content creators can remove the old artwork.

3. Piertaylor

Piertaylor Registered

Thank you @stonec, I missed it.