DeltaBest functionality

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by lonestar29, Dec 30, 2017.

1. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

Latest build v1109 included function for DeltaBest.
    Ihave not seen anything published on how DeltaBest was intended to function.
    Just some observations from my experience with it...

Does not save best lap for specific car/track. It resets when you exit and re-enter game.
    After entering game, it stores the first timed lap as 'best' and then compares with each lap that follows.. updating if the new lap is faster. Sensible approach.
    You can exit session and start new session (without exiting game), and the stored reference 'best' is still there . . . this is okay if driver is using same car and track.
    You can exit session and start new session with different car and track (without exiting game), and the stored reference is still there . . . this could be confusing to driver when this happens, as they won't understand how to reset it.

If there is no future plan to store and retrieve 'best' for each car/track combination, maybe the delta best should be reset at each session.

Mulero, McFlex and SPASKIS like this.
  2. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Registered

we need more functionality in the future.

a option to save the lap and share to other people race against will be cool

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You mean Ghost Car (lead car)? It is available. I am not sure which file it uses so that you can share it. Sharing should be done out of the game placing the file later in the right folder. As I said I can't remember where the file is saved since I always have the ghost car off. Probably under userdata/settings/... like real road.

4. Marcelo Mandaji

yeah, those things needs to be integrated. I like the idea of race against another lap using the delta bar but i don't like the ghost car.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not sure but I think integrated delta can show that value. What I don't know if the reference for the best lap time is reset every session/weekend.

6. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

From my experimenting with the new built-in DeltaBest function, it seems the reference lap time is stored in temporary memory after your first complete lap, updates when you set a faster lap, and resets only when you close the game.
    Starting a new session with different track or vehicle does not reset it, which may cause some confusion.

7. Marcelo Mandaji

For this delta bar be really useful we need a way to change color if we are losing or gaining time in real time and not just if it's positive or negative. I think the way digital gauge works needs to change to follow this.

8. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut Registered

Yeah, I miss that from the DX9 plug in :(