some of my ASR cars became bugged (wtf)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by momoracer, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Why don't you restore your system to the point where you had no problems and check?

2. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Good idea, but I only have 2 restore points showing and they are all from 1 day ago only :(

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I learned about the ctrl+C thing that shows CPU usage. Apparently the pink bar must not be all the way to the right and it is with these 2 cars (I do not use these helps with the wheel im testing with the keyboard :p):

[​IMG]

And this is a car from the 1988 pack that works fine:

[​IMG]

Notice how the pink bar is not all the way to the right.

All cars I've tried except the 91 and 95 ASR cars work. At some point in the past few days they became bugged for me, they are making the CPU suffer it seems, maybe after some windows patch or god knows. Btw my fps are way smoother than that but when I press ctrl+F to show these stats the FPS go down which isn't very useful if you want to get your actual FPS.
    I tried enabling "aggressive threading" and same happens.

4. PedroDIY

PedroDIY Registered

I had time to test the Ferrari 642 (1991) on other tracks ( imola portimao) and it worked fine!
    I had problems on Zolder before.

5. Magus

Magus Registered

I just picked up the ASR Griip G1 mod, it's on par with the USF2000, very fun car to drive, has a visor upgrade for VR, nice driver and crew models but just lacks liveries. Luckily it does not suffer from the performance issue I had with their other updated car but now I have seen they have updated all their cars so will try them over the week/weekend and see how they fare.

6. Patrick Knipe

Patrick Knipe Registered

I had the same issue as the original poster for a little while now. I recently downloaded the newest versions of the cars released Jan 26th 2018. After doing so I still had the same issue. I then noticed my Benetton had the old vehicle selection picture and that got me thinking. So I went into my packages and uninstalled all older versions of these cars and proceeded to delete them. Got back into the game and cars were running buttery smooth just as they had been before!

Hope this helps!

momoracer and Magus like this.
  7. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I will try the update and report back

thanks.

8. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I have installed the updates, tried Ayrton's 1991 car and it works again. But I have noticed now it's even more difficult to drive, it seems i have to be more careful with the gas or else it I do an U turn and crash, also they added a more exagerated turning of the head.

9. Magus

Magus Registered

There is a new 1.95v of all the 1991 F1 cars now available on their site.

New physics LE
    New Rainlight Effect
    Add Alternative Cars Livery
    New Menu Cars preview
    Add McLaren Late Season
    Add McLaren RPM Led Limiter
    Fix Tyrrell and McLaren Honda Digital Instrument
    Fix Honda V10 Sound
    Fix Gen and material shadows to improve FPS

Corti likes this.
  10. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Not all of them, just 6 cars. Hopefully more. They are league cars, not historic, so all of the physics are the same. But they drive really well.

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I actually downloaded the '91 McLaren this morning. It somehow managed to change lookahead and leanahead in my game, which overwrote the PLR. Even changing the values back to what they were before (I use "0") didn't fix it. Removing the mod and restoring my old PLR did the trick, though I wonder where that came from...

12. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

I found that when using this mod on any track it would lockup the sim when I hit esc to get out of the car. (1991 cars) the screen would freeze in the cockpit view but can still hear other cars in the background. Had to use task manager to shut down rfactor2 and start over again. Also had the same problem with all other mods but since I uninstalled it every thing works again with no more lockups. Hope there is a fix for this, these cars are awesome.

FIXED!!! seems that after two nvidia driver updates lately this seems to have gone away.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  13. Jeremy Farrow

Jeremy Farrow Registered

Did about 25Laps at Silvertone in each the 91' Mclaren, Benetton, & Williams. They all felt & drove very nice. I didn't test the v1.8 Ferrari 412T2 yet i had an older version installed. But the 1991 cars seem to be working really well for me anyways.