SteamCMD server not visible

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by mermoid, Jan 21, 2017.

1. mermoid

mermoid Registered

@Christopher Elliott I'm still having terrible problems with this. After a couple of reinstalls I had it working with the SteamCMD dedi for a few weeks but I had to do a reinstall of the OS today for other reasons and now I can't get it working again. The issue is definitely because it's not loading the matchmaker plugin but I can't work out why. If I remove CustomPluginVariables.JSON from the player folder and start a server, the file is re-created but only loads the lines for the TrackIR plugin - the Steam, KnockoutQualifying and StockCarRules plugins don't appear. I tried copying and pasting the file from my previous (working) installation but it didn't make any difference.

I've tried reinstalling 4 times now and it's the same each time, and I made sure my user account had full control permissions for the directories both before and after installing so it's not that. It does write a CustomPluginVariables file anyway, just with all but one of the default plugins missing...

2. mermoid

mermoid Registered

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I am again having the issues I had earlier. I was moving my servers to a new box and now I cant get the servers to be seen by steam. I looked in my CustomPluginVariables.JSON and there is no Steam plugin entry. There is no liveracers either and I know I have installed them. How do I get these to load with the server?

4. Depco

Depco Registered

Holy cow. I manually entered the Steam plugin to the CustomPluginVariables.JSON and now it appears to work. Why in the heck would it not already be in the folder in the first place?

5. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

this was missing from Depco's CustomPluginVariables.json

Well after looking around some more I finally found a post that was useful. I looked into the CustomPluginVariables.json and realized that not all my plugins were listed I manually added the following to the json file.

"SteamPlugin.dll":{
    " Enabled":1
    }

Upon adding that It all appeared to begin working properly.
    All seems good now :)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

ok thanks for reporting back.
    I was not able to reproduce this with a clean SteamCMD install - the Steam plugin entry is there in the CustomPluginVariables.JSON and set to "1". So maybe it has something to do with the move mentioned above.

7. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Yep all sorted now working fine we have had this problem before so was not new `build related and seem to fix itself before so we never looked too deep into why :)

Thanks for looking into it maybe we carried old problem over copying Profiles over from old machine to save bit of time :)

8. Meister_Yoda

Meister_Yoda Registered

Hi all,

I stumbled over the same issue and now figured out what is happening.
    There a 2 Dedicated Server Executables. One for 32 and one for 64 bit. If you run the 32 bit Dedi on a 64 bit system the Steam Plugin will need the x32 VC Runtime Librarys to be loaded. They come with the Installation in the Support folder.

After setting up the Runtime also the 32 Bit Dedi works fine.

Just to leave the solution to be Available ;-)

Kind Regards and keep on racing

Yoda

SPASKIS likes this.