Can't save the garage setup

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Oskart, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Oskart

Oskart Registered

Hi all, I've not had internet connection since October 21st, today I did a race in a local league and I couldn't save the changes in setup, the game crashed to desktop and a windows was deployed with the message "get Hud" or something similar. I don´t know how to fixed, didn't tried being honest, but it did the correct updates cause it worked fine in VR mode. My rig basically i5 4570, RX 580 oc, Oculus dk2. No problem about fps drops or something it works just perfect, congrats to all the staff. I only had the issue about saving setup. Thanks.
    PS: Excuse my bad English, xD

2. Oskart

Oskart Registered

No one??

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Are you saying that a set saved for a car sometime ago is now not available ? If so there is a chance the mod has been updated so your previous set won’t apply. You also have the option to show sets for ‘All cars’ or for just the one particular car your driving

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Oskart I haven't heard of that happening, and maybe others haven't either. So no one will reply, because they don't know the fix.

For the game to crash when saving a setup, I guess you'd have to look at what permissions the game has. It will be trying to save a file to your UserData\Player\settings folder, so make sure you have permission to write to that folder. Also try running the game as administrator. Did the track have any 'special' characters in its name? See if it happens offline, and with other tracks.

If you can get a screenshot of the error, or write down what it says and type it here exactly (having the game in English might be best), it may also help. "get hud" doesn't tell us much.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It would be important to have more relevant info. Too much irrelevant info in your post.
    Did you try to save/load a setup offline?
    Does the problem reproduce if you repeat steps?
    Did you use a special name (weird characters) for the setup?
    In which folder did you try? Does it happen when using other folder (location)?