Can't load rf2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Darryl, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Hi, I've had to get a backup computer going as mine died, RIP lol and after loading rf2 it crashes every time I try loading a race, both in the server and in single player, I've tried a lot of things after reading people with similar problems, I wonder if this computer is not good enough to run rf2, in the system it says it's got 4.00 GB ram installed and it's a 32 bit system, is that enough to run it? Anyway it gives me this error.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: rFactor2.exe

Application Version: 1.1.0.9

Application Timestamp: 5a3ba36f

Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll

Fault Module Version: 23.20.15015.1002

Fault Module Timestamp: 5a5925f8

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00065e5c

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: df97

Additional Information 2: df97b1df27f14b186700928520c33241

Additional Information 3: 71a7

Additional Information 4: 71a71fa7d88bfc91c381c04c6a7429ea

I've re-installed it 5 times with the same error, changed the dx from 11 to 9 and back again as it will not even load the track with DX11, says different program or something, at least with DX9 it gets right up to loading the track, when the yellow bar hits the end, then crashes, anyway, any help would be very appreciated, take care, Chud

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the launcher select the "options" cog and tick the box about using 32 bit.

3. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Thanks M8, but I tried that 1, force 32 bit, in the settings but no success, I'll try again, I might have had something else set wrong, the game lags a long time when starting and at every choice I make, it might be a computer problem maybe, thanks but, much appreciated

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I just noticed this in the error log you posted "Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll"
    I'm probably wrong but would that dll file refer to a ATI Radeon graphics card in your computer.
    Try uninstalling the drivers and install new drivers making sure to get the right version for your Windows

5. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Thanks M8, I tried it, it would not let me go to the track I wanted to go to, or single player either, but I tried another track where I had to down load the track and after it downloaded, I was in, did half a lap no probs, but when I went back to load the track I need, forget it and when I tried to go single player it went black screen and nothing would work, not even the task manager, I had to hit the kill button and restart the computer, but I just went in to the other track again and no worries? I unsubscribed from the mod in the workshop, that I need to work, but it still let me go up to the track install before it died again?, thank again but, I'll keep persisting till I run outa time anyway, Regards Chud

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like a memory issue. Are you letting windows manage your virtual memory? You don't want to limit it at all.

7. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Tried that one too Lazza, thanks M8, no luck but, must be a computer issue some place and I can't locate it, thanks again, take care

8. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Strange thing is, if I have to download a track or cars! It all works just fine?

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

What is the track (link please) you said you need?

10. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I had the similar problem. It would crash just as a track was loading. It turned out to be a memory problem. I have a 4GB memory pc also. I had to up my swap file to 16GB to solve my problem. I think it crashes because there is not enough memory to load track textures. I have to run with very low graphics. No AA, just trilinear.

Hope this helps.
    ZZ

11. Darryl

Darryl Registered

Thanks for the help, the wanted track was Istanbul ADSTA, I'm not to good with these computers, I blame me for the problems, I've been trying to get my head around rf2 for more than a year now and I still spend more time workin on stuff than racing, lol, and I just want to race, not become a computer expert, I'm going to give some other games a go now and hang up my rf2 problems that never seam to end for me, lol, anyway, thanks again for trying to help me, much appreciated and I might see you around on Assetto Corsa or Automobilista, I'll try them next and see how I go, if there the same as rf2 I'll come back, thanks again, take care, Regards Chud