Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Racing @ Toban RP Short. If you jump on their server it will give u a message in chat about times.

2. TinoM

TinoM Registered

thanks!

3. jimagn

jimagn Registered

So now the server wants me to download the content. Did something change? Hopefully it will be done in a reasonable time.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Nothing changed for me. Been on the last few days and just jumped off the server now without having to D/L anything. I think it might be rF2 as it keep mysteriously re-installing mods that weren't uninstalled by me or updated....

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

These are so much fun (if you don't run 1l short of fuel) to race. A possible podium in sight too. lol. Great fun today guys, will be back next week...Which circuit for next race?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Tucker Fleming likes this.
  6. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Yeah today's race kicked a**. Really fun stuff Gents! Check the server from time to time to see what track BB has selected for our amusement. Toban is kinda perfect for these cars...there's 3 versions plus the reverse of all three making 6 altogether...but we'll see what's next! BTW, these cars run really nice with lots of fuel...load up!

jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  7. Tucker Fleming

Oh...I forgot to say donate to paypal birtwell@msn.com Keep the party going!!

jimagn likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yeah, I calculated we'd do 27 laps and had 38 laps of fuel...3rd looked to be in big tire trouble and I was about to be all over him with 1 to go.....:)

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So we are at Toban Medium Reverse next week...Practice time...;)

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

We have 36 hrs or so before the next race. 10 starters last week, be great to up that to 15 this week....

11. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

I don't recall Toban medium even being drive-able back in rF1, so (for me anyway) this is a layout I've seen only the front half of until now. It's quite a challenge and also a good match for this F3 car, IMO. A lot of the lap will be spent in fourth gear and the sweeping curves are a lot of fun and will take real work to run right at the limit, I think.

I "mis"-remembered last week online that Toban "is located" in Ohio--it was the cornfield on the hill behind the backstretch that twigged my memory on that. Wrong of course, as the intro screen clearly says "CA" not "OH"...so those are obviously rows of pot (and not corn) out there...right? Methinks James Hunt would love it. :D

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

My first time around here too and yes they match up really well.

13. Tucker Fleming

A fun track, lots of places to get it wrong. That's what makes it so nice when you get it right! Should be good racing tomorrow.

14. Christopher Snow

Don't miss out on the fun, folks!

F3 fun at Toban Reverse.jpg

nonamenow and Tucker Fleming like this.
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

2hrs to go til practice....bring 'em on..;):)
    This week's tip...more fuel.....:rolleyes:

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Got a pretty good start and was trying to get past 3rd place and a tiny incident saw me visit the wall and stall the engine. Stupid ignition button wouldn't work and ended up 10s last. Managed to battle on without incident for 6th so not too bad. Great to see the Sparky's up the front....:D

Really loving these Toban layouts.

Tucker Fleming and jimagn like this.
  17. Tucker Fleming

I was hoping for a Spark 1-2 !! Sorry to see Polemeister Mr. Snow out at the start...shudda hollered "Restart" and I'm sure Bryan would have obliged.
    I managed a podium with my wee Sparktser, but many had to fail for me to succeed. Fun race all around for me, good racing with JimC and chrispbbb, many laps close and personal! Hope to see as many and more next week, Toban Long, normal clockwise direction.

18. Christopher Snow

The lapping was fun--I was really working hard--but the car moved forward a few inches before green, so I backed up at least that far (still before the green), and dropped the clutch when the lights came on. Only to go nowhere at all.

I KNOW I was in first gear again, so I guess it stalled somewhere in there, and you'll have to imagine I raised my right arm to let everyone know--well, I would have done that in real life (GPL style), but you never could do it in rFactor (or rF2).

[We really need a hotkey for that...and maybe a few more for various rude hand gestures....] :p

Tried starting it after that, but for some reason it wouldn't fire--if it blew up somehow I missed any sign of it. I KNOW the starter button is mapped because I regularly have to restart when coming out of the garages.
    ----
    Given that I somehow DQed at the start of a one-hour Assetto Corsa Daytona Group C race a few hours earlier, the problem has to be with my clutch pedal or its calibration. Just not my day today though, as regards actual racing.... Sadly, I've become just another hotlapper.:(

Will hopefully try again and have better results next weekend.

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ya just have those days sometimes mate. I had starter issues when I stalled as well...prob lost 30s......:rolleyes:

20. Christopher Snow

Several of us on are right now, if anyone wants seat time (Toban Long and Toban Short Reverse)