Shame Perfomance on DX11

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Suzukinol, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

This message will be short and clear. The perfomance in DX11 Build is a real shame!!!

I can run full graphics on DX9 with 50 cars and in DX11 is just impossible, it doesn't matter if I get more or less graphics, it will be having spikes and lags all the time. I tried with lowest settings the game allows me and its doing the same as ultra graphics. It doesn't matter if I enable V-Sync or not, the same for anti-aliasing. Moreover, using V-Sync + Anti-Aliasing is giving me less spikes that not using them. Replay disabled, visible vehicles set to minimun 6. Borderless or fullscreen, it doesn't matter, perfomance = same. It doesn't matter if I delete cbash + shaders 1000 times, it is the same perfomance. Tried a clean windows 10 format, also tried checking integrity of files, also checked I don't have third party plugins, also I reinstalled 1000 times.

In the mean time, I can run Assetto Corsa, F1 2017 and Project CARS 2 Ultra Graphics 60 FPS with 40 cars.

Graphic Card: R9 280
    RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1333
    CPU: A6 overclocked to 3.5 ghz
    DX9: Full Graphics 50 Cars 60 FPS with no lags nor spikes.

Please fix this because its a real shame!!!

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

How does it run if you run 25 cars ?

4. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

DX9 Works perfect 50 Cars. DX11 isn't. Its not my computer. End.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Disagree....End.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

@Suzukinol You will never get good performance with PCI-E 2.0 in rF2, especially not with 50 cars, unless the engine is rewritten to use less PCI-E bandwidth. It is just the way it is. CPU is not the bottleneck unless any single core is in 100% use, which I doubt.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

With that CPU that you have, have you tried the 'Aggressive Threading' option, that you can activate in the video-settings window?

8. bwana

bwana Registered

if its not your computer why is it so many others don't have the issue?
    After last update my game wouldn't start. got to splash screen and stopped. "runtime error' reset W10 settings to default .
    Sweeped Nvidia drivers and re installed latest . full fresh install of game. Wow , just friggin WOW !!
    Everything on max and I mean everything ! 36 cars (flat6) at Toban with scripted inclement weather and holly molly was it good. lowest FPS 75 ,average 110.. single screen mind you. But the game rocks better than ever.. not a super dupper pc but upper middle class.

Sucratzz, patchedupdemon and Grey like this.
  9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I am not a seller from bitsum.

But try this, sure 100% that it will be strongly better :

- Buy (not free) "process lasso PRO" (1 MONTH TO REFUND, no excuse ;) :

Configure a profil

*Strongly prioritize RF2 process + rf2 high performance process + optimise virtual memory + put "bitsum performance power profile" etc etc.
    *Put the lasso process on : "normal"
    *Put all important process like system processes + overclock process + fan process etc. on "less than normal" and e/s priority to low. (etc : you will see)
    *ALL other process in very very low priority.

Sorry I am not behind the PC and it is difficult to explain in english.

Check everytime this settings when you play rf2 (important. when rf2 is loaded, come back to windows and check lasso).

- Buy CPU park lasso (1 MONTH REFUND)
    choose the profile "bitsum high performance", and let the software optimize.

Windows :
    - Optimize virtual memory (web tuto)
    - Close DEFENITELY EVERY windows services/process according to web tuto (deactivate in closing your eyes) (web tuto, "msconfig"
    - Close every other process (not drivers.... not fans/overclocking, not your wheel driver)
    - When you open rf2, close antivirus.
    - There is 2-3 register optimizations (see web tuto)
    - Very important even with SSD : uninstall (Almost) ALL software (yes yes, it is a compromise........)
    - Deactivate all (or almost) windows functionalities (configuration panel, see on the web)
    - Windows "visual effects " : ajust to obtain better performance.
    - Deactivate : allow indexing the contents of files on this drive
    - Make a windows error checking
    - Ccleaner free software
    - See web tuto : there are a LOT of folders/files to delete MANUALLY (all software that you have uninstall 5 years ago let some folders/files......
    - Delete the files from some folders like "temp" etc (you have to see a web tuto)
    - Almost all your user files, cut and copy on other drive/usb etc or delete. (documents, movies, pictures, music, et.
    - Delete all shortcuts unnecessary especially on the office and task bar.

Trust me for Lasso and refund if you want.

Max 40 AI from 4-7 different cars
    Max 20 AI for all vehicules.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So if he gets to sort his issue would it mean that you were just talking for talking?

If one system runs dx9 fine I would expect it to have a similar performance when running DX11. Your argument has no base.

jonelsorell, RoboCAT10 and demerzel like this.
  11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

What a lot of crap.... I ask a simple question where his CPU ranked and got no answer just a "it's not the computer" with the comment end meaning end of that discussion.... I disagreed ...end of my discussion then.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

His CPU rank is the following: he is running DX9 with no problems. You shouldn't need more information.

You are suggesting from your question that DX11 is much more CPU intensive.

Has S397 changed recommended system requirements when moving to DX11? No that I know.

jonelsorell, RoboCAT10, Filip and 2 others like this.
  13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

We are all having performance problems in rF2, you only need to see the continuous complaints from users everywhere. Anyone who has a minimal knowledge of hardware/software can see that there is something wrong with rF2.

The game urgently needs a great optimization. Resources needed to play 1080p are totally exaggerated and 1080p is nothing today. A great effort was made to make the game compatible with the RV and for that? With current performance RV is "usable" by very few people and even sacrificing most of the visual quality.

I do not have a great GPU, I have the one I need. I can play any recent game at 1080p, with Ultra quality and approx. 60fps. in rF2 I have to use a medium-high quality to get similar FPS but the graphic quality is far behind other games.

I hope that with the abandonment of DX9, S397 can dedicate some resources to improve performance. Optimization is very important since the vast majority of users use a mid-range PC and currently a PC with these features is not enough to run rF2 correctly.

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Does racing online have equal stress on cpu as racing ai,with the same amount of cars

Just an off topic question

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rFactor2 don`t run 50 AI in DX11 with AMD A6 and R9 280 but it might run with 10 AI`s.

16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Why run 50 ai to begin with

gawaterman and bwana like this.
  17. demerzel

demerzel Registered

This is ridiculous.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nope. I can run online with my i3 without issues (max grid I had was 35), offline with same amount of AI and it runs out of real time as soon as they start moving.

Because some real life series does it

Funny thing is that you'll have a better experience with long time races and huge grids in GTR2 despite its AI not being able to defend and the app being 32bit... go figure

RoboCAT10 and patchedupdemon like this.
  20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hmm, funny thing; in the beginning there was talk about getting even "a bit more" out of your system in some cases.
    Now I knew that was not for me, running a GTX 680, but in the "closed Beta" time, it was visible that would not be the case at all.
    I kept posting the test results stating there was a 30% loss of fps.
    But there were guys, having a GTX 1080, going up from 45 fps (!!) to 180 fps and THEY were taken seriously........
    Note that the tests were without other cars present.

A 30% loss of fps was not meant to happen and some of us stated that, but it seems that was DX11 was pushed through; problems were not calculated in. And so we see these kind of problems now too.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.