"Gearbox problems" modeling

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Pauli Partanen, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hello!

Would be cool to have modeling for unreliable gearboxes or some kind of problems with gearbox.

Louis likes this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

What sort of problems are you thinking of? It should be possible to add them to my Realistic Gearshift script (though not until I've re-written it in a decent language). These come to mind: gears that won't select; gears that kick out of gear (sometimes?); gears that select but don't give any drive.

I'm itching to do a pre-selector gearbox with it, I've never driven a car with one :cool:

3. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Yeah those I was thinking! Would be cool to have different kinds for different cars like in real life.

Something like 4th gear would stop working with 2.5% change in race and etc.

If you make would be cool!!

Mauro likes this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

Random could be good enough for historic cars, but simulate a sort of "damage model" would be more appropriate, I mean, losing a gear while not using it, and for god know why reason is a thing, losing a gear because you slammed it in without clutch is another. With damage model I mean to store a "wear value" for each gear, when the value reach the limit, then some consequence happen. This could lead to cascade effect, because if you don't adapt (for example) downshifting from 4th to 2th, you may end losing another one

davehenrie, Mauro and Pauli Partanen like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Failures in general would be good. Like the brake issues and engine explosions found in the original rfactor.