[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

Thank you very much for your explanation, now I understand this much better.

I've tried the Flat6 mod on several tracks and the only one where the AI had problems was at LimeRock Park. I've also tried several cars on that track and they worked well with the AI.

Where is the problem? Before reading your explanation, I would think it's the Flat6 AI. After reading you ... I'm not so sure.

I'll give time, i'll wait for people to try the updated Flat6 on several tracks.

2. Ernesto Romero

Ernesto Romero Registered

I write only to say "Thank you guys"
    The feel if that car is amazing, best mod I ever tested so far. I drive on Oculus CV1 and I can see whole car so fine (only the rear wing no appear).
    At last, the quit of autoblip, simply perfect how to block the diff. if you fail the heel&toe.
    Congrats EnduRacers.
    What is your next target? Endurance series Update? yes please

3. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Yes

4. Ernesto Romero

Ernesto Romero Registered

:):):)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Finally, the inertia is addressed. But I'm still confused since S397 has no Porsche in their released cars, so what exactly does "based on inertia used by S397" mean? Enduracers still doesn't have real numbers and are just taking some from a S397 car and blindly applying?

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

S397 provided calculation tools to do these kind of things, we used them. The inertia are not given by any constructors, it's mass related, so you need to calculate ...

bwana, bravotangosix, Ernie and 9 others like this.
  7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you for the update gentlemen of EnduRacers!

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

hhhmm yeah the lmp/gte pack with this kind of physics could be something else. But that's a lot of cars to get right not just one.. Give em time, and good luck!

marmagas likes this.
  9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Cars have horrible tendency to understear.
    Tire temp on rear seem to be "new" model, center temp between inside/outside. Front tires seem to be "old" model, center temp higher

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's the same model used for the front and rear, don't understand what you qualify "new" or "old", it's based on the public available CPM model.
    To adjust, I think you need to act on the pressure and camber.
    For the understeer, be sure the rotation wheel and setup steering ratio are aligned and avoid to go over 100°C on tire temperatures.

11. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Why could be this error? with last DX11 build, also after check game files with Steam and repeat Flat6 mod download and install process:

[​IMG]

12. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

13. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Hello, it's an issue with loading the 3d showroom of the car. It will be corrected in the next build, until then when you got the message press enter and it will be fine.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    bravotangosix and Corti like this.
  14. yippssy

yippssy Registered

thanks! @klo-che

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Then I would suggest a better phrase to use might be "inertia calculated using S97 spreadsheet from measured masses (or estimated masses where not measured)".

MaD_King likes this.
  16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Is 100% damage "normal" or exaggerated? We run a 100% race and the least contact had some serious consequences. I got immediatly (from a side touch with a parallel driving car) front suspension damage, which in turn lead to twice the tire wear - while other drivers finished with 60-70% approx wear on all tires, I finished the tire of suspension damage with 20% and the other also around 60% (we drove the same setup). Going slow over a bump may give you allready damage?

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I'm a purist of historics, generally I don't like modern mods.

i tried this at Virginia.
    damn..... i can't stop driving! :)

great work guys!

18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

true, with torque of the boxer engine the gears are under tremendous pressure and misshifts are brutal and can easily brake the gears. but there is another reason why the porche drivers use clutch in downshifts even if they flat shift up (these cars have auto lift, ie inginion cut).
    That same torque in the rev range you to want to mach the revs to (with the blip), causes even small mistake in macthing the revs make the rear of the car extremely unstable (being the "floaty boat" that it is), so most driver secure the stability of the car in that downshift situation with clutch.

love how this guy pressure taps the brake on the straight to ensure proped brakepad position for the hard braking ahead. wish we got this feature (warping disks) for sims some day...

PS. the car is really nice to drive! was pleasantly suprised by it. tried the S397 C6R right after and it felt "wooden" in comparison. good job guys and thanks a lot for your effort!!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    bohemis09 likes this.
  19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

If you guys need some inspiration to drive this car, then watch the king of the cup car Sean Edwards having fun around Estoril. In this video the track represents the one in rf2 perfectly. Plus the car too.

Rest in peace Sean.

misi, bwana, Churrinche and 3 others like this.
  20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

the mod is really great, pure pleasure of great driving, we chained laps without realizing it with a huge pleasure! ;)
    thanks all teams!

delapecs likes this.