[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. BhZ

BhZ Registered

Through discord, if that's what you are asking

2. lagg

lagg Registered

And discord is changing the format of the files from Motec Pro to Motec Standard?
    It's very strange.

3. BhZ

BhZ Registered

No i don't think it's discord because if i send him a file, it doesn't change format. It has to be something else not related to discord. My guess would be his motec. The file is the same but somehow our motec sees it as a different format while his motec doesn't...The problem is that we all have the same motec version.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Are you absolutely sure that the version of the plugin is the same?
    If he sends you a log not oppened by himself and the format is different, i think that the plugin has to be different.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Is it possible that he is using the rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin instead of the DAMPlugin?

Lazza likes this.
  6. BhZ

BhZ Registered

Yeah i'm sure, we gave him the link to the plugin.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Then i can't help you sorry

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You should personally check his system using team viewer.
    I don't think that things are exactly as he says. He might be using another plugin at the same time.

If a plugin generates pro format it simply cannot generate standard format. Something is wrong in his side.

9. BhZ

BhZ Registered

I agree with the first part. Problem with your second row is that the format is pro on his pc with his motec but when we open it with our motec, it's seen as standard.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If "untouched" log files are not correct (std format) the fact that he sees them as pro files should be irrelevant. Files are right or wrong. It is nit a subjective thing.

I would be reluctant to believe what he claims. Sentences like "we gave him the link" suggest that you haven't checked his system. His feedback is not reliable IMO.

lagg and BhZ like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just for info, every plugin I've done produces pro files (rF1, my original rF2 plugin, and this one). It seems extremely unlikely the file is actually being altered between systems, I wonder if there's a strange character set thing going on somehow which his system writes and compensates for when reading, but doesn't happen on other systems...

Can you please link me to a file of his? I'd like to see what's in it.

*For further info: I had to remind myself by going back through my old plugin thread, but that previous plugin's log files don't load at all into the new i2Pro versions (v1.1). So even if he managed to have the old plugin, the logs wouldn't load at all into your (current) i2Pro, rather than saying they were standard. I think :D (anyway, even if it did work, he would need to have the wrong plugin and the wrong i2Pro - seems very unlikely)

** For future reference, what I surmised above was incorrect. The logs show, but show as Std and don't load. So @lagg was right on the money.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    SPASKIS and lagg like this.
  12. BhZ

BhZ Registered

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai_MuetO90jlhxEg1WKi73aOO72y There you go ;)

SPASKIS likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@BhZ Ok, thanks for that. Sorry for the delay, had to go to work soon after posting earlier.

That file opens in older i2Pro versions (1.0.x) and has the old channel config (for example, there are Slide Pct channels, instead of Grip Fract).

So he has the older 'rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin' instead of DAMPlugin. He won't be able to find a DAMPlugin.ini to configure logging and channels, because he doesn't have one. He's also got an older version of i2Pro, hence being able to open the logs.

I would suggest he removes the plugin files from the Bin32 and Bin64 folders, and downloads and installs DAMPlugin instead. And go and grab a new version of i2Pro as well (can't really get it wrong now, because the motec site doesn't have 1.0 versions available anymore).

*In the short term (or as long as he wants) he can have both versions of i2Pro installed, so he can look at his already existing logs in it and new ones in the new version. But from here there's no reason to hang onto the old plugin or the old i2Pro.

BhZ and lagg like this.
  14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As I said, your friend's feedback was not reliable. Two out of two. Neither the same plugin or I2 version.

lagg likes this.
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

One question @Lazza
    Is the DAMPlugin in beta stage, or it is already release?
    I ask this because of the title of this thread (WIP).
    We continue using in our champs the older version because of this reason, but i beleive that DAMPlugin provides more channels and is stable now.
    Is it correct?
    Thank you.

16. Juan

Juan Registered

it`s correct

lagg likes this.
  17. BhZ

BhZ Registered

No he doesn't. He sent us screenshots of his i2 opened with the version number on top. The version is the correct one, which is why we don't understand why he can open those files while we can't.
    Except he has it. As i said, he has the damplugin, we gave him the link to download it and we compared the ini file between us to see if there was any difference.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

Could you post a screenshot of the content of this folders, showing the size of the files?
    • rFactor2
    • rFactor2\UserData\Player
    • rFactor2\bin64\plugins
    • rFactor2\bin32\plugins
    Could you post the content of these files?
    • rFactor2\UserData\Player\DAMPlugin.ini
    • rFactor2\UserData\Player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON
    Thank you.

Edited: I'm referring to the computer of your friend.

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The file has been created by a different plugin which doesn't require ini file. I would not argue Lazza here. He knows better than nobody else.

It would seem that he has more than one plugin installed and only the old one would be working.

If he has the ini file it is not being used. I understand that the older plugin saves the files in a default place or uses another file to define logging options @Lazza ?

Despite your friend being able to open the log with apparently newest i2 Software it cannot be. I don't know how your friend installs things but either he is pulling your leg or had few idea of what he is doing. Maybe he installed i2 over an older version?

As I recommended, if you really want to solve the issue get into your friend's PC and check things yourself instead of sending him links. You know how it works since you have it working.

lagg likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can absolutely guarantee the log file you posted came from the old plugin. It has the orientation quat channels, DAMPlugin doesn't even have that option. (and as above, 'slide pct' instead of 'grip fract' is another giveaway)

And I'm 100% sure the current i2Pro version doesn't open those files. Indeed, support for 1.1.x versions was something I only added to DAMPlugin, and in the previous months I had to keep telling people to get the old version.

Something somewhere doesn't add up, but there's no mystery about why you can't open his logs.

*Let me just qualify something I said, because I was making an assumption. It is possible he has both plugins running at the same time (and therefore does have DAMPlugin), and it's possible - obviously - to have both i2Pro versions installed and use the older one to open the old plugin files, and the new one to open the new plugin files (the old one will open the new plugin files too, but I digress). What seems unlikely is that he doesn't know he's opening different i2Pro versions, or that he's sending you log files from the wrong folder despite opening the new plugin logs with the new i2Pro (as per said screenshot). Anyway, if you get a screenshot of his Bin32/64\Plugins folder(s) it should indicate what's going on.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    lagg and SPASKIS like this.