Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

In Launcher under Video Settings try to set you video card. Some people have reported much lower FPS if it is set to Auto

TJones likes this.
  2. ivaldi85

ivaldi85 Registered

Already done but nothing changes, I tried to go to the dx9 to see if they changed and the video driver was indicated in the GPU. I'm more and more convinced that the video drivers are not recognized but only those of the motherboard ...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

I believe the main culprit of the performance drop is the mirrors, @Marcel Offermans .

Mirrors disabled ; 50-60 FPS on thunderstorm (medium-high graphical settings)
    Mirrors enabled ; 20-30 FPS.

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Not on my side
    Mirrors disabled ; 27 FPS on thunderstorm (low graphical settings)
    Mirrors enabled ; 25 FPS.

By mirrors disabled I mean disabling all three virtual mirrors in cockpit by pressing key 3.
    I guess that is the same as setting mirrors to off in options?

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

with v-sync you have to be able to get fps matching your monitors refreshrate. if your fps drops below monitor Hz you only get half fps. say, your fps drops to 55 with 60Hz monitor, with v-sync enabled you get only 30. it might seem that you're getting something like 37fps but it's because that fps reading was taken to the overlay from a in fluctuating situation (mostly 60 but occasional drops below).

so using v-sync you really MUST get the fps matching you monitor refreshrate ALL the time. then you get silky smooth experience.

using triplebuffers you can improve that v-sync situation so that insted of dropping to half fps you only drop to 2/3 fps (so 40 instead of 30 with 60 Hz monitor). but that extra buffer induces input lag. you can try to minimize that lag by setting prerendered frames to 1. usually when triplebuffers are in use that 1 prerendered frame is all you need in most cases in my experience since there is allways 1 buffer free to write to (as 2 are occupied because of v-sync).

if only 2 framebuffers are in use (normal situation) it's good that there is more than 1 (3 is the default) prerendered frame to be in the queue to that buffer (1 of 2) that just got free to be written on as the double buffer system works little like flipping a card over (1 side is in the screen, the other is written. then it's "flipped" over to the screen releasing the other side (buffer) to be written.

This is normally the fastest way to render 3d images, but this system (double buffer) is very much in need of prerendered frames because you cannot start writing the next buffer untill it's used and "flipped over" to be written to again. this is also why you need to have the frames to mach the refreshrate, as with v-sync, the image written on both "sides" of the buffer and then put to screen together, so it kind of waits still untill both buffers are written and put to screen, before it starts the process all over again.THIS gives you the lag you notice in FPS games with v-sync on.
    Now if that fps doesnt keep up with this sequence and you dont have the other buffer written in time (the monitor Hz!!!) you only get half fps.

before this was top and bottom side of the screen, nowdays it can be split to many "stripes" of which half is 1 buffer, the other half the other, thats why you get tearing without v-sync when panning to the sides quickly as the "halfs" get to the screen 1 after another rather than at the same time.

Vevex, peterchen, SPASKIS and 3 others like this.
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Content Updates (top post updated)

• Dallara - v1.96 *
    • Radical GT3 - v1.995 *
    • Radical SR3-RSX v1.96 *
    • Nissan GTR GT1 - v1.93
    • Silverstone - v1.84 *
    • Portugal - v2.28

Additional Changelogs:*

Cars

Radical GT3 - v1.995
    - Corrected slick tires referring to wrong compound
    Radical SR3-RSX v1.96
    - Added newest CPM.
    - Corrected lateral CG (center of gravity).
    Dallara - v1.96
    - Corrected texture mapping issue.

Tracks

Silverstone
    - Fixed rain not hitting the ground (Main straight to T2)

TOCA2FREAK, Travis, Corti and 18 others like this.
  7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Fixes are always very welcome.
    Thanks Studio 397.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you!!!

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

whats been updated in the gtr1..

10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

dang! i have been waiting the Z06 street car to be updated graphically. that vette and nords, oh, ah suits you sir!
    but thanks for the effort nonetheless! that portugal is one of my favs. just need to get some time to sit behind the wheel.. unfortunately im super busy few more weeks..

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

At Silverstone with mostly cloudy,at 9am,the pits are glowing like dx9 tracks did,when run on dx11 build.

I’m running the latest dx11 build pp medium

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The Indycar mapping has been fixed!!! :eek::cool:
    Looking forward to the day the historics and Marussia get brought up to standards. So much untapped potential with the Marussia.

bwana and Ari Antero like this.
  13. Magus

Magus Registered

Radical SR3-RSX v1.96
    - Added newest CPM.
    - Corrected lateral CG (center of gravity).

Really enjoying this little sprinter, feels more predictable now. Thank you!

14. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

rFactor2 is getting killed every time I start it with the updated content. Old ones are OK, but If I use any updated car, it goes black after loading the track (any track), and Windows closes rF2.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Sounds to me like you are not on the latest build.

16. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

I've got two Portugals in my game; 2.00 and 2.28.

17. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

The SR3 understeer issue seems to be fixed. At least it seemed that way when I tested it at Mountain Peak (Pseudo-Charlotte). It went from garbage to great fun. Too bad it took this long.

18. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Unfortunately for me, and others who drive against the AI, there still seems to be a quicker car in the hands of the AI vs human. It does feel nicer to drive now, but I was hoping they'd slow the AI down when the update came.

tpw likes this.
  19. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

I mean all mirrors. Pressing 3 until all are off, the car's too (not only the virtual ones).

20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Quick test at Silverstone National and I feel the same.
    So much good stuff happening lately, so little time to enjoy them o_O